Statewide Eligibility?

<p>Can someone please clarify how it works? Say I apply to UC Berkeley, UCLA, UCSD, UC Irvine and UC DAvis and get rejected from all five. Does Statewide Eligiblity guarantee me to a UC I didn’t apply to? Or do I have to apply to Riverside Merced, etc initially as my choices to take advantage?</p>

<p>My school had an assembly about the budget cuts and I thought I heard something along the lines of this discontinuing.</p>

<p>^I have heard that in past years this was true. My friend only applied to the Top 4 UC’s and got rejected to all of them, Riverside and Merced still offered him admission even though he did not apply. </p>

<p>But… I would not take that chance this year…</p>

<p>Apply to all of the ones you want to attend for sure IMO, just to be safe.</p>

<p>on the app will be a box to check if you are interested in being considered by other campuses should you be rejected by those for which you pay. Of course, it just means that your app will be forwarded to Merced & perhaps Riverside.</p>

<p>Is that box at the end of the application? I’m at Step 7: Personal Statement and I haven’t seen it yet.</p>

<p>^^If I recall, last year is was essentially the last step, while you were about to pay.</p>