Statistics Available for Acceptance Rates for Direct Admit RN Programs?

We live in San Diego, CA and my son wants to be an RN. SDSU and Cal State Irvine are the only schools that look to be direct admit out here that are in our price range and the acceptance rates are like 5%. Son has 3.91 weighted GPA, 26 ACT (27 in both math and science). Looking to take ACT again to boost scores.

I am originally from Western PA, University of Pittsburgh graduate. I noticed there are a lot of great direct admit RN programs in Western PA and just wanted to narrow down the places to apply to/visit.

Thanks.

That makes a great deal of sense to look into PA programs. I imagine it is not that hard to fly from S. Cal. to Pittsburgh.

Pitt’s main campus program is probably the hardest for admission. Penn State main campus also has a very good program that is competitive, but not extremely competitive. Penn State says that they don’t give any preference for in-state students in admission. There are some programs at Pitt and Penn State branch campuses that are easier for admission, including some newer programs.

Indiana U. of PA. is supposed to have a good nursing program that is not extremely competitive.

Some people have also mentioned that Utah has some nursing programs that are worth looking at and that are reasonably priced for out of state students.

My daughter is looking at East Stroudsburg right now as well.