Stats for Economics majors at UCI

<p>I was wondering how competitive the admission of an Economics major is at UCI because it is my #1 choice at the moment. Would it affect admissions if I had i lot of hours at an internship that involved Economics?</p>

<p>A way to see if its competitive is to see what college you're admitted to. If you're admitted to the college of letters and science for econ, then an econ major's application=a Native American studies major's application=etc etc. If when you're applying you notice the major listed in, say, a special college, then you'll find that its likely impacted. I think econ should be CL&S though, so 3.7+UC GPA, 1800 SATs, passable SAT IIs.</p>

<p>It says on the UCI Website that Econ is under the School of Social Sciences.
So basically, if I understood correctly.
A Major in the The Henry Samueli School of Engineering or the Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences is harder to "get into" then say the School of Humanities.</p>

<p>UCI is separated into many colleges. social science, bio sci, physical sci (math, chem, physics), humanities, films and arts, engineering, and social ecology. I could be missing a couple. I would say it doesn't matter what major you apply as. </p>

<p>If your stats match the avg stats of UCI admits, you're looking good. obv the more internships you have, the better. I don't really think it matters all that much though.</p>

<p>I'm a freshmen starting as an econ major at UCI. Econ is in the school of social sciences. Like others said if your stats are around the average for UCI admits you'll be fine. I got in with a 3.8 GPA, 1800 SAT, good SAT II's, and lots of EC's. If you're in that range you've got a very good shot I'd say.</p>