Status of Review Students

<p>There seems to be a lot of questions on the people who are not automatic admit and waiting for an answer. Let's take a poll to see how many have had an answer...</p>

<p>Post here if you had any of the following answers
1. Full admit
2. Blinn Team
3. Gateway program
4. Galveston
5. Declined</p>

<p>This is for review students only!!!!! We know the automatic admit people got in.</p>

<p>full admit in October :)</p>

<p>Applied sept 26 and admitted oct 10. 28 act, 4.0 GPA and top 11%.</p>

<p>28 ACT, 1840 SAT, 3.7 GPA. Still waiting to hear back, applied first week of November.</p>

<p>30 act, non-ranking high school so tamu assigned 2nd quartile based on gpa. Applied late September. Still waiting but based on what is reported doubtful cause seems only thing considered by tamu is gpa and ranking and not the standardized test scores which should be a “consistent” scale as opposed to how hard or easy your high school or class load taken has been.</p>

<p>Now I’m totally depressed. I’m a review admit, OOS, GPA 3.4, ACT 30. My school doesn’t rank, so they put me in the 2nd quartile, which doesn’t sound good. I didn’t apply until December 8 and have been on Step 3 for a week. I was happy just to finally get out of Step 2! I was hoping that Step 3 meant an answer soon, but I guess not. Well, I suppose I can stop obsessively checking the AIS now. Seems pretty unlikely I’ll get in at this point. Bummer.</p>

<p>28 ACT, 3.9 GPA but only ranked in top 50% because my school is very competitive. In state and applied late August. I’m already set up at another school with housing and orientation and figure if by some small chance they do accept me, I’d probably be stuck with off campus apartments and the last pick of classes anyway. At this point, it’s mainly curiosity about how late I receive my decline notice.</p>

<p>admitted 28 act 3.74 GPA, business major. applied september got in october.</p>

<p>If I remember correctly review admits started hearing in late Feb. last year…</p>

<p>hi! I am currently freshman At texas a&m majoring in molecular cell biology. I was a review admit from last year. I applied november 2011 and full acceptance in january 2012.</p>

<p>Review admit. Applied sept. Admitted 2 weeks later.</p>

<p>Applied mid November, ranked 25.7% of a very competitive school, rejected from TAMUG, and review admit and still waiting</p>

<p>Aggie25, Was that a typo? I know of many with lower stats than yours who were admitted into TAMUG.</p>

<p>Sent from my SGH-T989 using CC</p>

<p>Today I checked my AIS and under the applicant tab there is a new section called Manage your Applications. I swear it wasn’t there before. When I click on that it goes to a new window where I can change my email or address. It also says my status is under review, but under that there is a button that says Decline Admission.</p>

<p>Does anyone else have this? Do you think it means anything?</p>

<p>I also checked my AIS and saw that manage your applications! I was admitted in december and accepted it, and some weeks ago I registered for the NSC. I see “accept” and “decline” admission buttons.</p>

<p>That is on my daughter’s as well.</p>

<p>Daughter got Full admit via AIS, nothing showed up on Howdy, still hasnt, Meteorology. She was top 25%, 1260 SAT CR and Math, lots of EC, and almost 1000 hours of volunteer service. Applied 12.12.12. Accepted today. Whoop! One relieved Mom. Now onto housing…site is saying they can only offer temp housing. What the heck does that even mean. Anyway, put in application and looking at off campus housing too. Best wishes to everyone still waiting. Gig em.</p>

<p>Congratulations, Tarasmom!</p>

<p>In the top 12% (competitive high school) and I got a 25 on the ACT. I applied late November and I’m still waiting… As of right now A&M is my first choice and I really hope I’ll get an answer soon!</p>

<p>Any news from anyone today? This wait is killing me!</p>