Steps to Apply

<p>What are all the deadlines/requirements to apply? Is there a difference for honors/regular college? What do you need for each application ( Transcripts/ SAT/ACT/ essays/ Letters of Recommendations etc)
Also, how long should the entire application process take, approximately?</p>

<p>You must apply to the school and for scholarships and have all things sent to Bama before Dec 1st. I recommend applying long before that.</p>

<p>You need to send SAT/ACT and transcripts.</p>

<p>No essays for school app</p>

<p>no teacher recs for school app</p>

<p>Scholarship app should also be submitted long before Dec 1st.</p>

<p>Honors college app is filled out AFTER acceptance (which is why app should go in long before Dec 1st)</p>

<p>Honors app has essays…The ones for UHP and IHP are simple…just simple paragraph about yourself. The ones for CBH and UFE need to be excellent.</p>

<p>UFE deadline is usually in early Dec…CBH deadline is usually early January.</p>

<p>M2CK- do you know if they had a date last year when they had accepted the maximum number of applicants and started to turn more students away? Just curious.</p>

<p>No, I don’t know that. I don’t think Bama has a “set in stone” number that can’t be breached. After all, there is a difference between “accepted” and “enrolled.” </p>

<p>I helped at least 2 NMFs and 1 NA get in during late April/ early May, but I don’t know if an exception was made or not.</p>

<p>I know that their denial rate was 50% last year. So I was curious if those were students that were qualified, but the openings were filled already, or if those were students that did not have the statistics to get in. Just a curiosity.</p>

<p>What do you have to do for the scholarship app? Just fill out your information? Also, for the people who are submitting the October 22 ACT, how do you meet the UFE deadline if you only get the application right before it is due?</p>

<p>What are the CBH and UFE essay topics? Do both programs require an interview?</p>

<p>I’ve always guessed that at some point (maybe January?), those who apply with more modest stats are getting denied. </p>

<p>I’ve always heard that Bama is more lenient with early apps…and then has to reject those with similar stats later in the app season. </p>

<p>Maybe Bama has some kind of “modest stats” quota…and once that’s reached, then later apps get rejected???</p>