Steve Jobs UW background

<p>Learned a tidbit I did not know before. Steve Jobs' biological parents were unmarried poli sci grad students at UW when they had Steve who they gave up for adoption. They later married and had Steve's sister--novelist Mona Simpson in Green Bay. Steve's birthplace is a matter of some dispute. He lists SF, CA where he was adopted. Others think it really was Green Bay and then he was taken to CA to be adopted.
They were at UW a few years before that other most interesting UW grad student couple--Dick and Lynn Cheney.</p>

<p>I fail to see how this has any relevance to UW-Madison. Steve Jobs himself has no connection to the school. No different than if anybody’s parents met at the school.</p>

<p>Well, if you believe that fine. It’s called an interesting tidbit; and he obviously got his superior ability from two UW alums. So he’s a Badger by birth.
UMinn still is a loser. Football and now basketball.</p>

<p>haha, where did I ever mention UMinn? Try not to fall behind, man. I know that’s sort of hard for you.</p>

<p>I simply pointed out that this has zero relevance to the school, which is 100% true. It’s no different than if Joe Blow from the suburbs parents went to the school.</p>

<p>And you would be wrong. No parents meeting at UW, no Steve Jobs, no Apple, No PC, No IPod, no I Phone.</p>

<p>I think it’s more than a little stretch to say no Apple without UW-Madison. Wouldn’t you think that would be more heavily influenced by say… Steve Jobs, instead of UW-Madison? Steve Jobs created Apple. His parents had nothing to do with it. UW-Madison had nothing to do with it. They didn’t even want him. It was Steve Jobs that made him who he is and what he created, not his parents, not UW, not how they met.</p>

<p>Some of these threads you make that relate to UW-Madison are nice to see, but some I just wonder if you even thought for twenty seconds to determine whether or not it really pertains to the school.</p>

<p>I am sort of with Barron on this one…Indeed, if his parents were not met at UW, there will be no Steve Jobs. True, they decided to send him away. That experience did make Steve Jobs, or helped in a strange way.
I would also say that Apple will be made by someone, if not by Steve. The timing and such could have been different.
It is funny and strange how life works…</p>

<p>Speaking of Wisconsin Connection, here is another one: Leland Stanford, the gentleman started Stanford University was a lawyer at Port Washington before he went west…</p>