Stevens Institute Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Stevens Institute Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 15

3 Likes

Any idea of when RD decision date yet, assuming no one has received on yet. Also, does anyone know if they decisions are announced on a rolling basis or all at once?

1 Like

The decisions have been released all at once in the past. RD is usually out in mid-March.

2 Likes

Denied OOS MechE
1440 SAT 3.8UW/4.1W
Decisions just released

Accepted for CS today
1550 SAT, 3.96 unweighted GPA
OOS

1 Like

D is accepted! She is very excited about it!

2 Likes

Son accepted to Pinnacle Scholars. 1560 SAT. 4.0 gpa.

3 Likes

Son accepted for Mechanical Engineering and the Pinnacle Scholar Program. We are from CA.

3 Likes

Son accepted for Computer Engineering…We are also from CA. I wasn’t super optimistic but I think having visited last year and also having done an in person interview in the Fall may have helped to demonstrate interest.

1 Like

DS accepted for CS with merit and pinnacle scholar program.

2 Likes

Son accepted Engineering undecided! Edwin Stevens Scholarship 17K. He’s really happy he got in but was hoping for much more in order to make it affordable. Thankfully has several solid choices. Time to start the Admitted Student Day visits and make a decision! Congrats to all!!!

1 Like

Accepted for CS with $19K scholarship. Agree, it is still expensive compared to other colleges in NJ.

Accepted into CS. Got Presidential ($5K) and Edwin Stevens ($21K). Stevens, so far, is the most expensive among all schools my son got accepted into.

We’re OOS so for us there is less of a difference. But my son really preferred Stevens to NJIT when we visited last year. For info we got 22k+1k year merit. It’s one of his most expensive options but the return on investment seems to be worth it.

My son got accepted with the same merit. I loved Stevens when we visited but the cost is so high even with the nice merit.

Hi there all, very nice to see the enthusiasm to go to Stevens. However I have some questions because I cannot physically go to the campus.

I am really close to accepting my offer but what do you guys think about the college personality in Stevens, yes it is work oriented college but why should I go here instead of Boston what are the benefits to attending Stevens?

Also I have seen so many “Do not choose to attend” posts why is there so much backlash I feel like its a fantastic university.

Thanks to anyone willing to help me out.

What other school(s) are you considering in Boston? I don’t think people can really advise you unless you tell us the other universities you have been accepted to?