Still possible to get a scholarship?

<p>I missed the deadline for OOS merit scholarships but would it still be possible for me to get some sort of aid despite this fact?
Assuming I get accepted, of course</p>

<p>GPA: 3.7 UW, 4.2 W (rigorous course load)
SAT: 2100 combined (710 CR, 610 M, 780 W)
</p>

<p>I see you’re a debate person. I’m guessing that you know that Bama has a strong forensics program.</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.comstudies.ua.edu/opportunities.html[/url]”>http://www.comstudies.ua.edu/opportunities.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I would contact them and ask if scholarships are still available. Forensics has their own scholarships.</p>

<p>There was someone who posted a few days ago that seemed to have applied late (just got admitted) and was given some award.</p>

<p>Are you a NMF? if so, then you’d get that.</p>

<p>Over the past year I’ve been reading this forum, I’ve seen more and more of this: accommodating students who miss deadlines, be they housing applications, scholarship applications, admittance applications…Why is UA so accommodating of its students? Is this a Southern thing or is it unique to UA?</p>

<p>My son’s dec 1 scores were not accepted for a scholarship. 800 math. 1430 total. They went with the half tuition based on fall scores. :frowning: sort of tarnished the UA welcome for us even though we have an older son there on Presidemtial.</p>

<p>3kids, is your second son a current freshman? If not, there is still hope! I don’t think the official scholarship notifications go out until this spring sometime. A girl from my D’s HS received some sort of hybrid scholarship that wasn’t listed on the website. I think they have some flexibility.</p>

<p>He is a hs senior right now. Guess we can hope for a little while!</p>

<p>At University Days, they were adamant about the testing deadlines. I remember the Oct ACT being the latest they will accept - I don’t remember what they said about SAT but it’s probably in the same time frame.</p>

<p>*At University Days, they were adamant about the testing deadlines. I remember the Oct ACT being the latest they will accept - I don’t remember what they said about SAT but it’s probably in the same time frame.
*</p>

<p>The last SAT that is used is the November test. While it’s nice if a school overlooks it’s own posted deadlines, it can’t be counted on or expected.</p>

<p>At some point, the school looks over how many awards have been given out and they’ve determined how many students will enroll. If they think they still have funds to give out, they will. However, if it appears that many of the awardees will be attending, then the cash box is empty.</p>