still undecided

<p>Hi to all,</p>

<p>I seriously need help lol. I am not sure what to do between miami and tulane. i am still in new orleans and plan on deciding before tomorrow so i can just get it overwith. Miami is beautiful, and so is tulane. miami doesnt have much of a gay community (i've heard) tulane does. but miami's music is better than tulane's. Is there much of anything i can do? Beaches or not? ? lol. </p>

<p>So, I might sound mental, but I really think that i will go mental if i don't decide sooon. Anybody in similar situations?</p>

<p>That is a tough decision, both are peer schools and offer good environments. I would say that Miami has one thing that Tulane doesn't and that's ACC sports, in addition to the beach (lol), but for academics, job placement, and environment, they are very close to each other. Miami does have more diversity with their hispanic population as well. Finances a concern at all for either school? Are you close to one of the schools?</p>

<p>i disagree about miami not having much of a gay community...from what ive witnessed, i think the group SpectrUM has quite a presence on campus. For example, Just a few weeks ago, they held an event called "Marriages on the Rock" where any student could symbolically wed another in support of marriage equality. They also have their own office in the UC, so if you are at UM for a visit, I suggest you go pay their office a visit.</p>

<p>wow redsox06, i knew about spectrUM but i had no idea that the campus recognizedit much. thanks for the input! A2Wolves6, that's the thing. I'm not a sporty/athletic person, so that's the reason i might have issues going to miami ehehe ./ And unfortunately no i live in pittsburgh, pa,so i'm 1,000 miles away from each one lol.</p>

<p>The good thing is that both are in major cities with close access to airports, so even though you are miles away, you should have no trouble finding direct flights from Pittsburgh to New Orleans or Miami for breaks (Thanksgiving, Semester, Spring).</p>

<p>I don't think the fact that you are not sporty means you shouldn't go to UM, because sports are just an addition to the college, I go to a relatively sporty school, and only about 1 in 2 here actually attend sporting events.</p>

<p>Are costs a concern or not? If so, that would probably be the deciding factor.</p>

<p>Costs are definitely a concern, and what makesmatters worse is that I got no scholarships. So they're pretty much equal hehehe.</p>