Still waiting for honors?

<p>I thought my son might possibly qualify for honors invitation, 3.8GPA, 30ACT, 1340SATS, OOS,NY.</p>

<p>He applied in December, and has not been accepted as of yet.</p>

<p>The website says the deadline will be 3/30/2012 to receive an invitation to honors.</p>

<p>Is there anyone who believes they will be invited to honors, still not notified for honors, or accepted yet?</p>

<p>I want him to get going with accepting an offer for next year, and we are still waiting for Vtech.</p>

<p>My D did get accepted and offered to apply for Honors. No decision on her acceptance to honors or any Scholarship, financial aid. She is accepted to 1 other school and still awaiting 6 other colleges to notify her. Although they all keep sending her requests to register for honors, scholarships, engineers weekend, accepted students weekend even though she has not been accepted.</p>

<p>Is there anyone who believes they will be invited to honors, still not notified for honors, or accepted yet?</p>

<p>Yes. They can’t send the invite for honors until they at least look at the application. They have a lot still to look at. Per VT website, </p>

<p>"Please note that this process continues throughout the spring semester, so there is no need to panic if Honors-eligible students at the same high school receive invitation letters at different times. Deadlines for applications will be given in the invitation letter and may vary depending on when the student receives the invitation. If a student feels he or she is Honors eligible and has not received an invitation to apply by March 31, 2012, please contact our office at that time.</p>

<p>Once you apply to Virginia Tech, University Honors will contact qualifying students and offer the opportunity to apply. High school grade point average and test scores are only used to qualify students to apply to Honors. </p>

<p>Entering freshmen are invited to apply to University Honors if they have a cumulative GPA of 3.80 (as reported on their high school transcript) and a minimum SAT score of 1350 (critical reading and mathematics) or a minimum ACT composite score of 30."</p>

<p>They still aren’t done reviewing apps which means they still aren’t done with honors. Yes, if your gpa AND sat meet the requirements, you automatically get flagged to be INVITED to honors. However, they also flag other students when reviewing their applications. They do this because GPA is not universal as so many people weight gpa’s and do it differently. I myself am in the top 1.5% of my class, but because my school does not weight, I was not automatically flagged, but I was later. Honors does not tell people until mid-April, mostly because people like me are notified later and they need to know the whole pool. They did say that people who were flagged automatically have a lower admit rate than those who are flagged despite not having a 3.8 (typically those who’s gpa’s are unweighted)</p>