Stony Brook Fall 2023 Admissions

I didn’t see a thread for this yet, I hope creating is ok!

My D23 applied for CS and WISE honors program. She got her application in during SUNY free week. Anybody else?

1 Like

My son applied to CS on 10/2.
Hopefully the decision will be out soon!

1 Like

My son got in CS!! So excited! No email but updated in portal.

2 Likes

In state or OOS and what application date, please?

He applied on 10/2 instate.

1 Like

Thank you! My daughter applied 11/8.

Dd checked account today and accepted overnight. She is OOS.

4 Likes

Son was accepted to CS OOS – date on the virtual letter is 11/29. Applied 9/21.

2 Likes

My daughter didn’t get an email, but she was admitted on 12/1 to Stony Brook’s College of Arts and Sciences! I would check the portal to see if there are decisions waiting for your children.

Go Seawolves!

1 Like

If you don’t mind, could you share the date of application and if you are in state or OOS, please?

Our daughter applied on 10/20 and was admitted yesterday. New York resident. Merit scholarship award as well.

33 ACT composite, 4.0 unweighted GPA (9 AP/IBs, all honors).
Dance, theater, music.

1 Like

Could you please share merit scholarship amount?

1 Like

Merit scholarship wasn’t there yesterday but is today: $11k/year (OOS CS)

2 Likes

Son received in state merit scholarship $2000 per year.
My daughter was offered $4000/per year 2 years ago.

3 Likes

Congratulations.

Where was the merit scholarship information posted?
My D got admitted letter with AOI in CS (OOS). Does that affect offering of the award?

It’s on the the portal. Open up the acceptance letter there is a link on the bottom for merit scholarship.

2 Likes

Thanks. Checked the letter again but couldn’t find any link. Does this mean no merit scholarship? Could they possibly offer it later? Would the AOI categorization have a bearing on this?

2 Likes

I was just accepted to Stony Brook last week and it took about 4 days for the scholarship letter to be on my portal. I got an email when they updated my portal.

1 Like

On the scholarship letter indicated “The University Scholarship has been offered based on your academic achievement”.
I don’t think it matters whether direct admit or AOI.

Not sure what’s your daughter statistic but my son’s friend with 1390 SAT, GPA 3.8 received merit scholarship, in-state.

1 Like