Stony Brook Fall 2023 Admissions

My son submitted his application on 10/31 for CS.
OOS and still waiting for a decision.

My son applied to Stony Brook for BS in Physics and was accepted with $11k/year scholarship. OOS

What are his stats - if you dont mind sharing. My son applied for CS - still waiting

My son is waiting as well. CS.

My D23 just got her acceptance notification in email today for Computer Science (in state, 2k/yr merit - still waiting on WISE honors program) and she applied 11/6, so it is taking a while. Hang in there!

1 Like

Daughter applied 11/6 and still waiting. Computer Sci, in state near Albany, 34 ACT and 97.5 gpa. Surprised it’s taking so long.

1 Like

Still waiting here as well. Applied free week. Has not yet submitted honors essays yet though.

Same here. Application was submitted and accepted by SB on 11/5. They recently requested mid-term grades which we just submitted last week. Son applying to Marine Bio. We are in state as well.

One of his friends got accepted by SB in early Dec.

1 Like

My son applied during free SUNY week SB marked his application complete on 11/3 and we are still waiting on a response… according to their website it says “ First-year applicants will receive notification of their admissions decision by April 1” :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Same here, applied on 10/30 and still waiting. School of Business. In state (Rockland County).

Does every applicant (who are all still waiting) on this thread have or was given a SOLAR account or is it just the applicant portal you have access to when you all submitted your applications? My son attended a summer program in SB so he has a SOLAR account. I’ve been reading some old threads saying that if an applicant has a SOLAR account and a tab called “New Students” appears, there is a higher chance of acceptance.
I am just wondering if the applicant portal is completely separate from SOLAR.

My daughter applied 10/26 to the School of Business and still waiting. Is there a particular day decisions come out?

Same here my DS applied on 10/30 and we have gotten nothing back …

Has anyone received any acceptances from those who applied during free week or earlier?

1 Like

Yes - got accepted last week in CS (applied during free week), also heard about scholarship.

We applied during free week and haven’t heard anything yet. I hope this is not a bad sign.

@sacamb Congratulations!!! did SB ever ask for his mid-year/term grades?

@MOMNY0405 - I am so stressed out for my son too. He’s heard from every other school he has applied for. SB is his dream school…

Still waiting for decision from Stony Brook (Computer Science)!
My son has heard from so many places already. Submitted application on 10/30/22. He is high stats too, with a 3.96 (unweighted) GPA and 1550 SAT score. Out of State.
Anyone else still waiting?

Yes, in state daughter with similar stats applied the free week and also waiting on
CS.

Yes. My daughter is waiting for business. Applied on 10/26 during free week. In State .

2 Likes