Storage for summer

<p>

</p>

<p>You’re too kind, Montegut. Thank you.</p>

<p>Given that NJBama, Mesquite_girl and (maybe) Mike W are ready to share a unit, I’ve pm’d them to see if we can finalize a deal. Again, thank you, Montegut.</p>

<p>Sent you a reply. We’re in!!</p>

<p>Malanai, I’m sending you a PM.</p>

<p>For those that did storage over the summer, what was your experience? Was climate controlled necessary? Would you recommend your facility?</p>

<p>jury is still out on that as none of us (I think) have checked back in, but will know this weekend. All I can say is they were really helpful esp. with the tornado and all, and with climate control that is one worry we don’t have about moving back in. More Later!</p>

<p>We used All-American Storage on 35th Street and had no problems. We rented a 5x5 non-climate controlled and all of my daughter’s stuff (including memory foam pad) was fine when we went to get it. She shared it with a friend and he won’t check in until this weekend, so she hasn’t closed out the contract yet. So far, so good!</p>

<p>My son picked up his stuff yesterday from the storage facility and everything went great.</p>

<p>Yeah so storage ended up being a total mess for me. Due to the tornado, my plans went rather south and my parents and I found a spot in Northport. 50 a month, not too bad. Well I went back there this week to unload everything and OMG SPIDERS. Not cool. Had to have a few friends help me out since I’m severely arachnophobic. I’d definitely go with climate controlled as I believe that would keep the bugs out, since my unit was not climate controlled. Going back tomorrow to close my account out. Never using that place again.</p>

<p>Mesquitegirl: UGH!!! That’s all. Sharing my empathy with you! UHG!!!</p>

<p>Toss a few spider traps in the storage unit with your stuff next year. Climate control might not take care of that problem. Spiders are yucky, I agree!</p>

<p>Storage worked out well, climate control a real plus, no bugs and minimal dust.</p>

<p>Some of the space saver bags expanded but were in plastic tubs anyway so there was no real problem.</p>

<p>Re: Spiders</p>

<p>When we use storage facilities, we always spray the heck out of the place before putting stuff in. We spray, spray, spray - floors, walls, corners, etc…leave for a bit, return and put stuff in. </p>

<p>And everything is double bagged.</p>