stores near UM

<p>could someone please tell me which local stores are near the university of miami? ive heard there's a target, publix, pier 1 imports (u could walk to these, right?)? What else is there that is walking distance? thanks!</p>

<p>Directly across the street theres a starbucks, CVS, mcdonald’s and two Thai restaurants. Further down US1 is Sunset Place where you’ll find nail/hair salons, a few restaurants and a bunch of different stores (Gap, Forever 21, Hollister, American Eagle, Delias, etc.). They have a movie theater and they have Strike, a new bowling alley. Dan Marino’s restaurant is also part of Sunset Place.</p>

<p>Further down US1 is Dadeland station where there is a Target, Best Buy, Sports Authority, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Michaels. There’s a few little places like a car rental and a hair/nail salon downstairs. Technically you can walk to Dadeland station but it’s a stretch. You can just take the Metro down there. There’s a Publix near there and there’s also a Whole Foods by Sunset Place. If you want to venture onto the other side of the Gables there’s another Pubix and Winn Dixie.</p>

<p>How far/long a walk is it to Whole Foods? Would you walk or drive to get there?</p>

<p>You could walk if you wanted. It’s down US1 on red road by Sunset Place. I see lots of students walk to that area. Come to think of it the parking is terrible in that area so it’s best to just walk.</p>

<p>How about barber shops? My S gets his hair cut every week.</p>

<p>There’s a few around Sunset Place and there’s a Super Cut/Hair Cuttery by the Target at Dadeland station. You can take the metro there.</p>

<p>My DS gets his haircut across from campus at the barber in the Holidayinn. Not every week, but monthly. His freshman RA told him about it.</p>

<p>The surface parking at Whole Foods is limited, but if you use the parking garage it is not too bad (They have a shopping cart lift).</p>

<p>Yeah, I didn’t realize the CG UM Holiday Inn had a barber until I was doing laundry one day and discovered it. Got a good cut there, the barber and the shop it kind of reminded me of different places around the world where I have been “chopped” (Turkey still takes the cake, especially the “flame trimming”). There is also a unisex place in a small strip mall behind Whole Foods. Son went there first time as a Freshman and kept going until he graduated.</p>