Storing Belongings over the Summer

<p>I am currently finishing up my freshman year at UM and need a place to store my stuff over the summer. The school gives a list of places, but with so many options, I don't know which one is best. For students and parents who have already gone through this, what do you suggest? Where should I store my belongings?</p>

<p>Thank You</p>

<p>My roommate and I used Miami Mini Stor It on 72nd. Cheap, effective, only complaint I had was with the hours you could access the facility.</p>

<p>Look at A+ Mini Storage in Kendall. We put my son’s stuff there the past two summers. They will usually have college specials. It is not as close to campus as some other storage places but it is cheaper. No complaints at all about the place. </p>

<p>check out door to door storage (doortodoor.com ). They pick up at your dorm in the Spring and deliver to your new housing in the fall. Especially useful if you don’t have access to a car.</p>

<p>Biocellar, Did you use door-to-door storage? If so, did you share it with other students? We have reserved a pod for our daughter this summer and are wondering how many other student’s she should get to share the pod. Do you think the 5x7x8 pod is too small for 4 students? Thank you! </p>

<p>Hi,
Yes, my son is going with D2D storage. Its hard to beat on the convenience front as he has a futon and bike and some other larger items that would be harder to get moved off campus without rental a large SUV etc. It was recommended that 2 guys can fit all there stuff into 1 container. The price was about $350 and includes delivery to there new rooms in August. As for your pod for 4 girls, It may be tight…I hear girls have more stuff :slight_smile: It might be possible if they stack everything really well. Hope this helps.</p>

<p>We’re trying Door to Door this summer. Seem very convenient. Call now. I booked it several weeks ago and they noted that they will get booked up.</p>