Stressing... Please help

<p>Can someone please tell my chances of getting accepted into Texas A&M and when I can expect a decision?</p>

<p>I applied Oct. 23rd and my application was processed on the 30th.</p>

<p>First choice major: Petroleum Engineering
Second choice major: Industrial Distribution</p>

<p>Class rank: top 22% of my class (194/892)
Weighted GPA: 4.16
Unweighted GPA: 3.425
SAT: 1790 (620 math, 620 reading, 550 writing)
ACT: 26</p>

<p>I just took the SAT again last Saturday to try to get the 1300 I need for auto-admit.
How do my chances look if I don't get the 1300?</p>

<p>I think you have a decent shot, your SAT is above the average for this year’s freshman class. Don’t stress, :slight_smile: Although your 1st choice major might be filled up…</p>

<p>Just moved to Step 3 this morning!</p>

<p>When did you apply? I’m still on step 2 and I applied Nov. 3.</p>

<p>I think you are in. My brother got in pretty quick with similar stats. It took six weeks from the time he pressed send to getting accepted.</p>

<p>I applied Oct. 23 and moved to step 3 this morning. And thanks that makes me feel a lot better!</p>

<p>The honest answer? I give you general studies. Or your second choice major</p>

<p>Yeah I’m not really expecting to get into PE. I’m pretty sure it’s already full…</p>

<p>Not true, PE still has spots left.</p>

<p>Oh okay good! How do you know?</p>

<p>Petroleum engineering might be a little tough to get in. Usually the engineering spots are filled up with auto admits but don’t be discouraged, you may have a shot. I got in around October 20th hope to see you there next year!</p>

<p>Okay sounds good! Were you an auto admit?</p>

<p>Ds got an e-mail from his college counselor last week that PE is full, along with Visualization. Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Biomedical Engineering are close to being full, with Business and Architecture majors close behind those.</p>

<p>Yeah that’s what I was afraid of… This may be a dumb question, but what does “Ds” mean?</p>

<p>Ds = dear son. Parents on cc use it to describe their kid. Ds, dd, dh (husband). Sometimes the d doesn’t stand for “dear.” ;)</p>

<p>^^^^^ haha</p>