Strict scholarship deadline?

Our child just received an email stating that scholarships would not be given because transcript arrived the 17th, SAT scores on the 19th although application and scholarship forms were in by December 15th. Are we the only ones this happened to? I see on FAQs it says have all material in but I do not recall other parts of the web site specifying this.

Let me check that.

Do you know when these things were sent???

What were her stats?

Did she take any Dec tests?

[QUOTE=""]
The scholarship priority date is December 15 (the application should be submitted online by December 15 and any required materials sent by mail should be postmarked no later than December 15). This means that the national December ACT and national December SAT results are the last college entrance examination results accepted for students who wish to be considered for scholarships.

[/QUOTE]

Did the letter have a name?

Wait…your child is NMSF? right? as long as he makes it t NMF, he gets everything…the deadline does NOT apply.

Hi Mom2. The sat scores and transcripts arrived about a week later. We wrote back and are awaiting a response. Yes my child is high stats and National Merit Semi. Just frustrated we missed that caveat about all material having to be in by Dec 15th besides the applications. I’m a little hopeful since the materials were only a few days later. Will let you know the response.

who sent you that email?

If your child makes NMF, then that deadline doesn’t matter. NMFs can apply NOW, next month, and still get the big award. Bama accepts NMF apps until April 30.

That’s good news.