Struggling in IB Math HL, what do I do?

Hi,
I’m currently a junior in high school taking the full IB diploma. All of my other grades are good and I’ve maintained a 3.7 unweighted gpa throughout high school so far. My only issue as of now, is that I’m failing IB Math HL 1. I’ve done everything from getting a tutor, extra studying, khan academy, etc… none of it works. It’s fourth quarter now and I haven’t had any tests or quizzes yet so I still have a chance at getting an A this quarter which would average out my final to be a C, as my other quarter grades were: F, D, F. I know for sure I’m going to drop to IB Math SL 2 next year, and it wouldn’t effect my HL requirements as I’m still taking IB Physics HL 2, IB Topics HL 2, and IB English HL 2 next year. I’m just really stressed at this point and I don’t know what to do. I’m a good student and this has never happened to me before, I’m terrified of having even a C on my transcript. Help.

My son takes HL Math also and he’s in his junior year. It has to be the toughest math course in high school. He spends hours doing homework. Hang in there. I tried to convince him to drop to SL next year and he refuses but he also has maintained a 90 average this year. I’m not sure if there is a way for him to help you but feel free to reach out to me through PM.

You’ll be ok with Math SL.

What is IB Topics HL?

thank you :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’ve come to terms with it at this point. If this year is bad I can only imagine how bad HL 2 would be

It’s the second part to HOA (history of the Americas) it’s basically just world topics

Thanks We call that HL HOTA year 2.