Student Refund Question

<p>Hey all,</p>

<p>I was just wondering if any of you have done the direct deposit for a refund check before? On the receivables site, it says “If you have authorized direct deposits, rather than a check, your refund will be sent to UA’s bank on this [August 15].” I don’t really know what “UA’s bank” means… it’ll just go to the account I listed on MyBama, right? And will it actually be deposited on Monday?</p>

<p>This is probably a stupid question but that wording is bothering me. I’d email them but it’s Friday night, I’m asking about Monday, and in the past it’s taken a few days for me to get a response.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>I would guess that UA’s Bank refers to the bank that UA contracts with to handle the refunds (Bank of America*). The bank will then process the refunds and do an ACH push to your account a few days later. Once that occurs, the refund will be in your bank account.</p>

<p>I don’t remember the bank that was on checks I’ve received from UA, but know that UA, like many other universities, uses BOA for most of its banking needs.</p>

<p>Alright, thanks. Guess I’ll see what happens!</p>

<p>For those awaiting refund checks, my son’s came in the mail the other day.</p>

<p>I just got the email notification that they’ve processed the direct deposit refund. But to verify our bank has posted the funds to our account before running out and spending them! :)</p>

<p>For those getting refunds – are you National Merit Scholars? We should be getting a $500 refund after the stipend portion of the National Merit Scholarship arrives (the portion of the award that is the “actual” National Merit Scholarship) – but everyone I’ve spoken to in Student Receivables and Scholarships insists that the $500 stipend shouldn’t yet be posted to my daughter’s account (not even in the projected section). Just want to be sure that nothing has been lost in the process. Has anyone else seen the $500 National Merit stipend show up on their child’s account?</p>

<p>Hmm, is it actually faster to go the check route?</p>

<p>And I haven’t seen anything in the way of National Achievement/Merit, but mine’s weird since I have one of the corporate scholarships.</p>

<p>For son’s bill last year, the National Merit $500 fall semester stipend won’t appear as a credit until October. The second semester NMS $500 award will likewise appear as a credit in his bill later, towards Jan./Feb.</p>

<p>Thanks sophocles – all the other scholarships that were expected but not yet funded appeared in the projected section of her bill but there was no mention of the $500 NMS stipend – good to know that all appears in order. I will watch for it in October.</p>

<p>Just putting this out there, my direct deposit showed up in my checking account today. Apparently Alabama’s the only school that’s ever on time… at least according to my sister who warned me money would always come “at least a week after they say” and my brother, whose summer financial aid at Auburn didn’t go through until after the first session had already ended.</p>

<p>Roll tide.</p>

<p>D’s refund hasn’t shown up yet in her account. But it is still early. I’ll be glad when it shows up and I know D correctly put in her account information.</p>

<p>My refund showed up today as well.</p>

<p>D’s was in the bank when I returned from running errands…minus the NMF stipend of course. Will look for that later this fall per all the advice on the CC board.</p>