Subject to Disqualification

<p>I am a Junior, engineering major at UC Davis, and my past quarterly GPA was 1.36. Since I am scheduled to average above 13units per quarter anyways, I took only 11 units winter quarter, and received 2 Ds and 1 C. Before the quarter my overall GPA was 3.0, and now it has dropped to about 2.66. Unfortunately, if your quarterly GPA drops below 1.5, you are sent straight to “subject to disqualification” (no academic probation ). I am freaking out that I’m going to get dismissed.</p>

<p>Can someone please tell me what the chances are that theyll give me a second chance and make me sign some contract or something that ill do better, rather than just kick me out of school?</p>

<p>I have never been on Academic probation or subject to dismissal before</p>

<p>please someone help me bc I am freaking out!</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>It is very unlikely that you will be disqualified for having only one quarter where your GPA is below 1.5. Since your GPA was not extremely low (.5 for example), I don’t think they would disqualify you. What is more likely is that you will be on academic probation for this quarter and will have to sign a contract.</p>