Submitted my application last week

<p>Hello everyone,</p>

<p>I submitted my application to The University of Alabama last week. I’m a transfer distance education student and applied to the business program.</p>

<p>Could anyone tell me if UA is generous with financial aid for out of state students?</p>

<p>Wish me luck!</p>

<p>Yes, they are very generous, with a number of different scholarships/programs, but the deadline was October I believe.</p>

<p>Olipond’s post needs clarification.</p>

<p>Bama is generous with MERIT scholarships to INCOMING frosh that apply before Dec 1st.</p>

<p>Financial aid is very different from merit scholarships, and concerns “need.” </p>

<p>Incoming frosh with highish stats may get better need-based aid if they still have a big gap after merit is awarded. </p>

<p>Transfer students don’t usually get much need-based aid nor merit scholarships. </p>

<p>OOS Transfer students usually have to pay for most of their costs, unless they have some talent (music, theater, etc) and that dept has awarded them some merit after audition.</p>

<p>Deagle…do you have any outside sources for money? GI Bill, etc? How much will your family pay? What is your EFC?</p>

<p>Well, I’m married and seeking a secondary bachelors degree, so I will most likely have to depend on student loans to pay for school (unfortunately).</p>

<p>By the way, I’ve been reading threads these past few days and I have to say I love the vibe of this particular board.</p>

<p>Don’t everyone wish me good luck all at once now. lol</p>

<p>Thanks for the info, mom2collegekids.</p>

<p>Good luck to you Deagledan and Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Well, naturally I was <em>thinking</em> it, but I will say it as well.</p>

<p>Best of luck to you, deagledan, and another “Roll Tide!” coming your way.</p>

<p>lol…sorry…good luck.</p>

<p>As someone seeking a second bachelors degree, you may already know that FA is a problem. Even if your EFC is low, fed grants can’t be awarded for a second degree.</p>

<p>Schools aren’t generous for second bachelors degrees. Unfortunately, that’s common everywhere.</p>

<p>Yes, you would have to rely on loans. do you already have Stafford Direct loans? Have you maxed out for undergrad levels?</p>

<p>I don’t think you’ll be allowed to borrow as much as you’d need without co-signers.</p>

<p>Best of luck Deagledan!</p>

<p>I don’t believe so m2ck. If I have to pay my own way, what else can I do, but it would be nice to have some help.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone!</p>

<p>I don’t want to jinx myself by saying rt just yet ;)</p>

<p>Hey guys,</p>

<p>I haven’t heard back from the school yet, but I logged into myBama and now see a ‘Student’ tab that wasn’t there before. Is it safe to assume that I was admitted?</p>

<p>Just wanted to make absolutely positively sure before I got my hopes up. lol</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>I gonna give you a ROLL TIDE on that one.</p>

<p>Is there something under your student tab for paying a deposit? When you’re able to make an enrollment deposit, you’re in.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Hmm, I don’t see anything like that (unless it’s named something else).</p>

<p>I do have access to the ‘Student Services’ section and could look up classes, etc.</p>

<p>Uh, anyone else?</p>

<p>deagledan - on the Academics tab, look at the left column in the admissions</p>

<p>Well, the good news is that you have met the fifteen post minimum!</p>

<p>PM somebody!!!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>You mean the ‘Check Admission Application Status’ link? Yes, I checked that and it only takes me to the page where it indicates my major and whether or not they received my transcripts. It doesn’t say anything else.</p>

<p>Last week was spring break, so they wouldn’t have been looking at applications…</p>

<p>Below the check admissions link there is an Admitted Undergrad heading. Under that is the link to pay the deposit and register for bam a bound</p>