Submitting 2 SIRs

<p>Is it possible to submit 2 SIRs to 2 schools you are considering and then withdrawing one later? If so, when is the last day I can withdraw an SIR?</p>

<p>I'm planning to submit to both UC Berkeley and UC Davis..and I can't find any option to withdraw my SIR from UCB. Is there a way to do it online or do I have to call.</p>

<p>You're not supposed to. This is one of the things they actually mentioned on a tour. You're only supposed to have one SIR in. The dude from UCSC was telling us that some kid got in trouble because they had submitted two.</p>

<p>But I can still cancel my SIR on May 1 by calling in yes?</p>

<p>I submitted two SIRs last year and didn't make my decision until probably a month later; I didn't get in trouble.</p>

<p>^A month after the May 1 deadline?</p>

<p>Yea, it was about a month if I remember correctly.</p>

<p>i think that although few people get caught, the repurcussions are huge so i wouldn't risk it seeing that if they do find out (UCs do communicate with each other, it's a system), then ur putting ur acceptance at risk and might have to attend a university with rolling admissions or a cc</p>

<p>Let's say you submitted an SIR to a UC by mail on April 30th, and your appeal to another UC was granted and you sent that one in on May 5th, would you have to go call the school up and cancel your SIR or how would it work?
thanks</p>

<p><a href="UCs%20do%20communicate%20with%20each%20other,%20it's%20a%20system">QUOTE</a>

[/QUOTE]
</p>

<p>I think that's very unlikely... System or not, I highly doubt the UC's would waste their time "communicating" with each other.</p>

<p>oh, ic, i thought that they would have a database that would tell the UC application ID numbers of all the pple that submitted their deposit and if the same UC ID number shows up twice, it would alert the system...i mean, it doesn't take fancy technology to find out if a student submitted two deposits i guess but i see ur point that they would be too busy to do so</p>

<p>16399:</p>

<p>Were you a transfer at the time? Freshmen? How would you go about cancelling your SIR anyhow? Would you just simply place a phone call?</p>

<p>I was a freshman at the time. All I did was email them to cancel it.</p>

<p>i sent 2 sir's this year to ucsd and uc irvine. i emailed uc irvine and they just told me to cancel my sir for irvine....</p>

<p>If you submit 2 SIRs, there is a chance that BOTH of those colleges will REJECT you. SIR=the statement to intent to register. Submitting two SIRs to two different colleges shows that you are not "officially" intenting to register with one of the UC colleges and they will automatically assume that their college is not your intented selection. They will give that slot to someone that is "officially" SIRed instead of wasting your/their time. Sometimes, the electronic system doesn't override it for you either.</p>

<p>You know that you are not going to attend BOTH colleges in the fall anyways so choose ONE and submit ONLY one SIR.</p>

<p>Plenty of people have submitted 2 SIR's on this site without a problem. Just email the other school later to cancel that's all.</p>

<p>nate</p>

<p>lol i know. mralleycat acts like its the end of the world if you submit 2 sirs...</p>