Submitting Superscore Sans Writing

This might be a bit of a stupid question, but I’m struggling to find helpful information online. I’m wanting to submit my ACT superscore to my ED school. My ED school doesn’t require testing, but I would like to send in my superscore as I believe it reflects well on me. However, I did not try very hard on my essay section and only received an 8. I want my superscore (35) to show up but not my writing (8). I’m assuming I have to send my ACT score through act.org, as well as reporting it on CommonApp, but am not sure how to send the superscore sans essay. I could also send a composite as it’s also a 35, but I don’t know how to send that without my essay score either.

Self report to all schools you can (many allow this)….save the money by not sending official score reports. The self reporting asks for highest composite score and highest section scores…schools that superscore will calculate that. An 8 is a fine essay score, so self report that. No way to keep it off the official score report.

1 Like

So if I fill out the “testing” section on the CommonApp with my ACT scores, will Yale (my early action school) automatically see them? They state on their website that the official score report from ACT.org is not required, but do I need to send an official score report if I’m self-reporting?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.