Substance Free Floors?

<p>What is the typical student who resides on these floor like? And if one signs up for these floors, does that mean they can never try out "substances" at least once? </p>

<p>Not a great question, I know. But, I've never been exposed to an "extreme" party environment, and I have somehow avoided trying such "substances" throughout my whole high school experience. I'd like to sign up for these floors just in case I might not like stuff like that. Cigarettes are a definite no, though.</p>

<p>THANKS A LOT!</p>

<p>The only rule on substance free floors that’s different from regular floors is no smoking cigarettes. Or so I’ve been told. Not everyone follows this rule, though, and it’s not very strictly enforced. When I was at an AF information session, they said there won’t be substance free floors next year, because Stanford and Hecht will be all Freshman dorms. Someone else on these forums recently said the same thing, too… So you might not have the option of being on those floors. But I’m on one this year and would recommend it.</p>