Suggested tip for airport shuttle

<p>Son will be using Birmingham Door to Door shuttle/limo service from BHM airport to Tuscaloosa. What is a reasonable amount to give as a tip to the driver? </p>

<p>We looked into son taking the new ACR Express that originates from Mississippi, but his arrival time did not work with the bus schedule.</p>

<p>I usually give about 15% of fare for airport limo in NY. Not sure if it’s same custom in AL.</p>

<p>What is the fare from UA to BHM? Is that shuttle available anytime or is it set schedule? Where is pickup/dropoff?</p>

<p>Is this for BB? If yes, what session?</p>

<p>Chardo, Birmingham DtoD charges $85 one way. It is a private service and will pick you up according to your flight arrival or departure. </p>

<p>Class2012, my son will be doing summer research with one of his professors.</p>

<p>^ if you manage to share that ride, is it per person?</p>

<p>Was going to offer a ride (still could if he is arriving 5/30 noonish). </p>

<p>That shuttle price is almost double what I’d pay for transport from my Chicago suburb to OHare (and it’s just a little less than the same distance).</p>

<p>One of my daughter’s roommates Mom is swinging by the Birmingham Airport to pick my daughter up for Bama Bound saving me big bucks. </p>

<p>I need ideas for a gift for her. She is from the Lexington KY area. Do I buy something Colorado, or gift card to something in her area?</p>

<p>FYI if you share it doesn’t reduce the fare by 50%.
Good, reliable service though. We’ve used it several times.</p>

<p>Sniner - I can only speak for myself and say that I would expect nothing as it’s just what parents do - help out with other people’s kids.</p>

<p>If you really want to do something, maybe a UA Mom Tshirt or this <a href=“Access Denied”>Access Denied;

<p>Thanks for the offer of a ride, Class2012M. I would take you up on it except son will be arriving sooner. Nevertheless, I appreciate the offer!</p>

<p>Isn’t there a new lower priced shuttle that will now be offered? Does anyone have the link?</p>

<p>Mom2, this is the info. SEA_Tide provided in an earlier thread:</p>

<p>[ACR</a> Express From Birmingham Int’l Airport : ACR Express](<a href=“http://www.acrexpress.net/acr-express-from-birmingham-intl-airport/]ACR”>http://www.acrexpress.net/acr-express-from-birmingham-intl-airport/)</p>

<p>Although the ticket price is reasonable at $16.50 one way, unfortunately, my son will have a 4-hour wait for the next scheduled pick up time from BHM airport.</p>

<p>I usually tip $5 as there is already a price premium for one-way travel. By comparison, I pay $2 when I take a similar shuttle in Seattle as their fare is $29.</p>

<p>Another poster mentioned a taxi company called [Tony’s] On Time Transportation. I booked with them in April and highly recommend them. The student rate was $65 one way.</p>

<p>Hi Sophocles! A 4 hour wait isn’t so long. :wink: </p>

<p>My D had to wait 8 hours at the Birmingham airport on her way from UA to home and 8 hours in the Birmingham Airport when she got back from spring break. Apparently it was poor planning on my part. She relied on friend’s to take her to the airport and get her from the airport. Who knew it wasn’t a good idea to schedule an 8am arrival back to Birmingham on Sunday. You live and learn. Good luck!! RTR!!</p>