Suggestions for choice of major?

My son, who is about to complete the three essays and so will hopefully be submitting his application within the next week, does not know what he wants to study. He is a review candidate with a 31 ACT and 1390 SAT, and is in the 38th percentile of his competitive high school. Lots of sports and other ECs plus jobs.

What are your suggestions as to good major choices for him to put on his application? I don’t think he has a hope of getting into engineering. He would probably put Mays as one choice, but it will likely be full by the time he is considered.

If your major is full, you can pick any open major. Can he at least narrow it down? Start with dislikes if you can’t figure out what he likes. If you’re asking easy majors to gain admission - they are based on the inverse of popularity, one is not ‘easy’ vs. another - just more likely to still be open for later applicants. If you are looking for an alternative to Mays Business, you can try AG Business or Economics.

@texasjayhawk

Can your son ask his older brother for some help? Looking through your comments, it appears you also had a son that applied back in 2015. What does your first son say about the major he is in?

Can you also ask your son what job he wants to get when he graduates?

Thank you for your thoughts, AGmomx2. Perhaps we could work on the elimination method!

RMNiMiTz, my older son is in Mays. My 2018 review admit may put Mays down as one choice, although we expect it to be full.