Suggestions for Son's 2nd Bama Trip?

<p>My son wants to make a 2nd trip to Bama. On the 1st visit, he visited with Dean Sharpe (Honors), Engineering faculty and recruitment, and the Music School (prof in son’s area of expertise). Plus, he had lunch with a student and an Honors recruitment person and toured the residence halls. Plus, an info session and campus tour!</p>

<p>This time, he’s definitely going to meet with two music school profs, sit in on a music class, sit in on an engineering class, and visit with the Honors College again.</p>

<p>Is there anything in particular he should try to do within the Honors College? What kinds of things might he consider doing over there? (I guess Jami could recommend an itinerary, right?)</p>

<p>If it matters for this discussion, son is NMSF, Presidential scholarship, very high stats.</p>

<p>Any good suggestions for a 2nd visit? Anything with CBHP or UFE or the like, for instance?</p>

<p>Suggestions for really good restaurants (cheap or moderately priced) with great local flair?</p>

<p>Thanks so much! :)</p>

<p>^Oh. I should have mentioned … we can be on campus from early in the morning until about 3pm. Must make the 5:30pm flight out of Birmingham to go home.</p>

<p>So, the majority of one school day…</p>

<p>I would try to sit-in some neat honors classes. </p>

<p>Will you be going this semester or next?</p>

<p>^Soon! Either in the first 3 weeks of Nov, or the first 2 weeks of Dec.</p>

<p>Since he’s already had lunch at Lakeside, I would highly recommend having lunch at Bryant, which is close to the Honors College and many of the engineering buildings.</p>

<p>Just a note for your schedule - I’d shoot for Nov. if he wants to sit in on classes. Finals are the second week of December and the first week may be geared toward wrapping up and preparing for finals.</p>

<p>Thanks for the great suggestions! I think we’ll take all of them! :slight_smile: We’ll definitely try to sit in on some neat honors classes. I’m not sure where we ate last time. It was a big building. I think there was also a food court in it, and it was across from the building where we had our info session and talked to admissions. But wherever it was, we’ll ask to eat in the other dining hall next time. And I am SO glad you mentioned the potential conflict in December, socal2bama! Finals hadn’t crossed my mind. So, I think we’re going to go next week! Exciting!</p>

<p>SimpleLife, sounds like you ate at the Ferguson center, so Lakeside would be a different dining venue.</p>

<p>^Okay. Good to know. Thanks, robotbldmom!</p>

<p>We are also planning a trip - for Dec 3 weekend. It will be our first visit. D is also Presidential scholar. I have contacted admissions and they are working on setting something up. we originally were planning on attending for Capstone Honors Saturday over MLK weekend - but Daughter has district chorus that weekend. any suggestions appreciated.</p>