Suggestions Needed Quick A&M

So its the middle of August and my college plan fell through. I was admitted to A&M in May, do you think they will still take me? Would it be appropriate to call them and ask? I don’t want to be deemed a complete idiot.
PLEASE HELP!

What do you have to lose by calling? They either say yes and your problem is solved or they say no and you make new plans. My friend was in a similar predicament and it worked out for him, so go ahead and at least try.

What happened?
It may help if we know so that we don’t suggest similar institutions.
I doubt A&M still has dorm space and you’re probably out of your choice of major.
But do call.
You’re likely better off taking a gap year.

@MYOS1634, OP was in some sort of program to bridge to UT. S/he apparently didn’t have many acceptances other than those listed below. The other option seems to have been a UC and the OOS costs were too much. I think a gap year to work and calmly figure out a new game plan is probably the best option.

I agree a gap year to work/ save money while working on applications would be best.
Those are good stats, likely to garner merit at some places provided the op applies in time.
However, if the issue is a suddenly non cooperative parent, a previously assumed source of funds falling through, an illness, etc, it paints a very different picture and requires a different assessment.

Open, what happened to our CAP?

@MYOS1634, It looks like OP declined the CAP program when s/he was admitted to UCSD. The finances didn’t work out, so it appears that s/he is trying to get into UT for spring with A&M as a backup.

Too bad the OP didn’t post in one of the regular forums before now about the UCs. S/he would have told that they cost >$50K/year.

yea, UC’s were too expensive and plans fell through. I’m usually a person that likes to know what to expect, so making these decisions was hard without a lot of time. I emailed UT about Spring 2017 and I’m going to go ahead with ACC this year.
I don’t know how people here pay for college. I honestly don’t. I am in need of FA and got nearly nothing. It’s crazy.

Before you register at ACC check with UT and learn precisely what you’ll have to do (who h classes to take, what grades, when to apply for a transfer…)
Keep in mind that if you take classes at ACC you lose your freshman status and lose put on all possible freshman scholarships.