Suitcase College?

<p>Hi everyone, I had heard that Geneseo is a suitcase college. That the majority of the students come from the Rochester area and that they already have their friends from HS when they get there. And that many pack up and go home on the weekends, leaving the campus a ghost town. The source of this information is suspect. So, I was hoping that you all could confirm or deny this?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>I live near geneseo, and may be attending next year, though i'm still not sure. I know many people from my highschool going there, including some very good friends of mine, but I also know that they aren't planning on going home every weekend, and they are planning on making lots of new friends, as well as keeping the old ones. I think that new people to the area wont have any trouble meeting people, and might be brought into already established groups, as well as forming their own. It all depends on the people. I have several friends that go there as freshman this year, and live withing 20-30 minutes for geneseo, and rarely go home at all. They love it there and have met many new people.</p>

<p>I would seriously doubt that. Geneseo is both too selective and not well-known enough to have groups of high school buddies attending together.</p>

<p>actually, its not THAT selective. there were about 30 people out of my class of 180 that got accepted and about 2 that didn't. there are 14 attending. most of them are friends.</p>

<p>well, it says on collegeboard.com that 100% of all first years live on campus and over 50% of all undergrads do too. so im guessing its not a suitcase school.</p>

<p>Suitcase college refers to going home on the weekends, not necessarily the number of commuters. But not 100% of first years live on campus, because they are allowed to live at home and commute if they want to.</p>