Summer, abroad?

<p>S is going to visit his bro in the UK for a week or two this summer. He’s about 60 miles north of London. I was thinking it would be great if he could stay longer & take a class or something useful since he was there anyway & his brother probably won’t be there next summer. Most of the programs start at $4K or so. We had agreed on some type of summer program since he received merit aid, but I thought it might be better if he was more settled on a major. He was interested in the Oxford program but that is fairly expensive & might be closed at this point anyway. I was thinking maybe next year if he had a good year. I understand he couldn’t work without a work visa(impossible to get) & I suppose interning is out too.</p>

<p>He doesn’t have any experience or a major to get any type of local internship. He most likely return to his busboy job. H wants him to work at a warehouse or local country club. I would like to see him do something useful & make a little $$.</p>

<p>I looked into the local CC for an easy, fun class but didn’t see anything. He could take cal 1, but the only class offered is 8 am mon- Thurs with min 30 drive during rush hour. They have cal for biz from 6-8 m-w, but although I think it meets pre-reqs for biz major I think you need regular cal for a BS or many grad sch options.
Anyone know any reasonably priced UK or EU options? He could just tool around I guess but his bro will be working.</p>

<p>You might check and see if there are any other study abroad deals in England besides the Oxford one…it may not be too late.</p>

<p>Check with the study abroad website…</p>

<p>[The</a> University of Alabama](<a href=“Education Abroad – International | The University of Alabama”>http://studyabroad.ua.edu/)</p>