Summer Courses on UC

@Gumbymom

so having this on my app:

“2016 - 2017 summer session
You indicated you have no courses or grades to report.”

shouldnt be a problem right, because i indicated that i took a summer course, but it wasnt academic (health)

Did you try listing the course under the a-g courses or the non a-g courses? If possible I would try to correct the application so the schools do not think you forgot to enter in an a-g course and your application is incomplete.

i didnt see an option on the UC app for that. you can only put non a-g courses on the Activities page, not the academics page. it would be weird to put “Health” in activities, u only put “ASB” there - you get what im saying?

On the application instructions, it specifically states to not report any non-academic classes (a-g) in the academic section. So did you list the summer session on the academic history?

Non-A-G courses should not be entered in the “Academic history” section (they can be entered in the “Activities & awards” section).

It is a bit of a stretch, but Health could have gone under Enrichment but it should have not been reported in the first place.

If you are unable to remove the summer session, then email UC admissions about the mistake.

mailto:ucinfo@applyucsupport.net

@Gumbymom

why is it a mistake? it would be an omission to not include something from my transcript. I did indeed take a summer course, but I did not report it.

@Gumbymom

hey I emailed them with the email you gave me and they said it was fine. But last question… From your experience can you chance me at UCI for computer science:

November SAT: 1380

Dec SAT: 1500

UC GPA: 4.08 with 16 honors courses from grades 10-11

Ive been told my essays were good and activities around average I guess

I live in Irvine too, and took Computer science courses and participated in clubs relating to that, etc…

Based on your posted stats, UCI looks like a Match school.

Best of luck.