Summer courses

<p>What are your experiences with summer classes? Are two classes manageable while working a part-time job?</p>

<p>Thanks for any input,</p>

<p>OG-J</p>

<p>I think so. I have never done it before, but people I know have taken classes and worked 30+ hrs a week.</p>

<p>Oh my gawd, summer classes are so insanely easy. I took Engl 102 and Trad 104 (it might be called something else by now), but neither of them ever took the full 2 hours. Top it off the homework load is basically the exact same as classes during a normal semester, except you’re only taking 2 classes so you have loads of time to deal with it. It’s not like they’re going to give you 3 essays due per week instead of 1, just because the class is supposed to be 3x faster.</p>

<p>Only downside: It’s like a furnace during the summer in Tucson.</p>

<p>Thanks for the answers, guys. I decided against summer school because it’s just so damn expensive. I have better ways to spend $1,200. It’s a shame that my scholarship won’t cover it.</p>

<p>Remember it’s a complex tradeoff. Yes it’s $1200 dollars, but that could save you a lot more money if you don’t have to take those classes during the regular semesters, potentially fail other classes because of the added workload, retaking them, stress, etc etc.</p>

<p>The trick everyone uses instead of summer classes is to take community college classes and transfer the credits. Word on the street is it’s pretty much impossible to not get an A at a community college. If I were doing it over I’d take the limit of 64 credits at a community college, spend next to nothing, then transfer in for the last 2 years and get my degree. Taking gen eds and non-major classes is such a waste doing it at the UA price.</p>

<p>Thanks for the pointers about CC. I’ll look into taking some courses at Pima instead.</p>