Summer/Fall 2021 Transfer Admission

Yes, it’s a system school.

Yes it was. It isn’t showing up on my choice of majors or programs anymore

Is Urban planning your 2nd choice? Your 4.0 with 28 hours for transfer, is perfect so not sure why pols would deny you.

You look like you’re missing state and local government as a required course for Pols. Are you currently taking it?

You definitely have what you need for urban planning though if you stuck with that as 2nd choice. Don’t see a problem with you getting in.

@mp1221 my niece has a masters in Community and Regional Planning from UT. She’s works for a hazard mitigation company, or something like that. Pretty cool major, definitely popular and lots of opportunities for various jobs. I’d stick with it.

1 Like

Yes that is my second choice

2 Likes

Hi I was just reading through and was wondering if anyone knew what the max credits you can transfer as an engineering major, specifically a mechanical engineering major.

No max, it appears. Here’s a link to the current transfer requirements for M.E.

https://admissions.tamu.edu/getattachment/transfer/majors/2020-2021-Mechanical-Engineering-TCS.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US

Ok thank you! I couldn’t find anything online as was scared due to what people were saying here as I have a lot of hours and thought that might of been why I haven’t received a response yet.

How many credits do you have?

Hi there! Mechanical engineering transfer here. Applied with 53 credits and expect to have 70 by the end of spring. I still haven’t heard anything either.

I have 76 but should have 90 ish by the end of this semester. I talked to an advisor because my audit came back with 56 total accepted although all my classes transferred on the sheet and she just told me they review through everything after the fact so I should be good.

Yeah I haven’t seen any engineering majors get a response back yet but the advisor I talked to last week said she was currently reviewing and I should receive a response last or this week. So good luck!

1 Like

Glad to see other people majoring in engineering. My major is Electrical Engineering.
My GPA is 4.0 with 53 transferrable credits (based on my transfer audit) including this semester.
Work as Math Tutor at Lone Star College. No related work experience, unfortunately :frowning: I have a few volunteer hours at Houston Food Bank and some volunteer activities when I was in Vietnam 3 years ago.
Still have not received my decision yet, and it’s been a month since I got my transfer audit. My friend got into Chemical Engineering 3 weeks ago even though both she and I submitted our applications on the same day.
Hopefully the decision will be released next week

1 Like

Hi everyone! Has anyone applying to engineering heard back? I’ve been wondering if someone else has got a decision in the past few days… I applied for Mech. Eng. and still haven’t received any decision.

It seems like a lot of engineering majors are still waiting. Someone on Reddit said a few days ago that their girlfriend did recently get accepted for chemical engineering.

Thank you! Sounds like we’ll have to continue on the wait a bit more.

Hello all, I have been waiting since the beginning of March. My first choice was chemical engineering and just this week it changed to biomedical engineering, my second choice. I figured I probably wasn’t accepted for chemical engineering . It still says “App is complete and in review” but for my second choice.

Hi, I applied to transfer as a biology student for Fall 2021. I will have all of the required coursework completed by the end of this semester. Last semester, I got a 3.8 and this semester I will hopefully maintain this GPA after this semester ends. Worst scenario, I may end up with a 3.6. Could you let me know what my chances might be for acceptance as a transfer into Biology? Thank you.

Did they defer you for spring grades? Your gpa is great. What’s your transfer audit?