Summer/Fall 2021 Transfer Admission

Yes they did. My GPA at my current school is a 3.6 because they do plus/minus, but my transfer audit for A&M shows my GPA is a 3.81. I believe this is because A&M combines labs with lectures. I also have 21 hours completed so far on my transfer audit, and I will be transferring with I believe 36 credit hours by the end of this semester.

1 Like

Just got 6 tabs this morning. I was so excited when checking the portal while working. Thank y’all for answering my questions and helpful information.

1 Like

Congrats!! Welcome to Aggieland!!!

If they deferred you, I think you’ll be solid with this GPA. Keep us posted!!!

Congratulations on your acceptance!!

1 Like

Hi, I have a 3.88 GPA on 25 graded credits with around 33 AP/CLEP credits, and I just sent my final spring transcript. I meet the minimum requirements for AGBU (AGEC is my second choice) and I’m super anxious. I had already gotten denied due to not having the minimum 24 hours yet, and I was just wondering what my chances of getting in were and how long acceptance has been taking recently. Thank you!

I’m confused. Are you applying for Spring? Were your denied for fall?

Sorry, I’m applying for Fall 2021. I was originally denied due to not having 24 credits, and they said to send my final spring transcript once my grades were put in so that they could review my application again for Fall 2021.

Okay makes more sense. Lol. So you were deferred which is always a good sign. Your GPA is really good. Ag business is popular but not too competitive. I think you have an excellent shot as long as you completed all required courses.

Keep is posted.

“According to our records, you do not currently have 24 graded, transferable hours or your cumulative grade point average is below 2.5; therefore, you have been automatically denied admission without review by an academic college. For an additional opportunity for Fall admission, you may provide an official transcript with your current Spring grades to the
Office of Admissions by June 1, 2021.”

So that’s defer and not deny? Also, do you know if I have to do anything other than just send them my transcript? I don’t have to reapply or anything right? Thank you!

Correct. You’re denied based on not enough credits but they are deferring or I guess allowing another look see once you complete this semester. And no you do not have to reapply. If you did that, it would be for spring. So as soon as grades are in… send them and then follow up with admissions to make sure it’s been received!! You’ve got this!! I have no doubt.

Hi! I applied to transfer to be a sophomore in the Fall and I have 29 Hours with a 3.15 GPA. I know my GPA isn’t the best, but I had all A’s and B’s except for one C and apparently the minimum GPA is a 3 for psychology. My first choice major is psychology and second choice is Forensics. I have a pretty good resume too so I’m hoping that helps as well! I’m pretty stressed so I was just wondering what my chances were and how worried I should be.

It’s tough having a low 3.0 gpa. It will depend on how they view your course load, ECs and essay. I say you have a good chance but it’s not a slam dunk.

1 Like

Hi everyone!
This is an update on my application -just for the record and future readers.
International transfer from Lone Star College (Houston, TX)
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Applied: 03/01
Transfer Audit generated: 04/14
Decision date: 05/19
Based on transfer audit, 4.00 GPA at the time of application. 53 hours completed at the time of application. All prerequisites completed except for PHYS 2426 which was in progress at the time of application.
Decision: Rejected. No request to submit spring grades, simply denied admission. Found out through the AIS portal.

Thanks to everyone on here for their help which was of much support!
Congrats to all who got in, hope y’all thrive at such a great school!!

Thanks for the update. It sure took them a long time to come to a decision. Sorry you were in limbo for 11 weeks (!) and very sorry for the disappointment.

1 Like

@user20 wow. Do you think the PHYS class you were currently taking was required to be completed before you applied? Or perhaps you applied too late?
Hope you applied to other schools, have a great back up plan? I’m so sorry for your rejection.

Not cool. Except for the in progress course, which happens a lot on applications, there’s nothing negative about your profile.

I would reach out to the engineering department. Ask questions, respectfully, about how you could make your application better. You are already at a no. There will be no harm in getting a better idea about why denied and if you have a chance, assuming you are willing, to be accepted for next spring. Just have a dialogue. I really think something was missed on this.

I’m so sorry for the blip in this part of your journey, hang in there and advocate for yourself. Keep us posted where you end up… hope it’s in Aggieland, but if not, I have no doubt you’ll be successful wherever you go!

1 Like

Has anyone who got deferred for spring grades heard back?

I still haven’t heard back yet. I heard some decisions should be out by this week!

My AIS portal just switched to complete and in review yesterday morning. Hoping to hear back soon!