Summer/Fall 2021 Transfer Admission

Great, thank so much! I’m so grateful!!!

1 Like

Congrats to you both!

Howdy!

I wanted to know if anyone knew the difference between the locked tuition rate plan (compounded four year average plan) and the first term enrollment locked rate plan for the remaining years. I want to choose a locked rate instead of the variable rate, but do not know if there is any major difference between the two locked rate options, or if one is a better option than the other.

Thank you!

Hey! How long did it take for you to receive your financial aid offer after being accepted?

Thank you!

If a transfer, i would definitely choose the locked rate since locked at your freshman year rate.

Hey! I got my package after a week after being admitted. It came in the way of a video that was texted to me

So you recommend to just choose the four year locked rate instead of the continuing locked rate for my years remaining? If so, then thank you for your help!

1 Like

Oh okay thank you! I was just curious how long it would take because I was worried I wouldn’t know until July or maybe August!

We chose locked. Given the current rate of inflation, seems like a good call.

Thank you! I was just curious because as a transfer I was given three options. One being the variable rate and the other two being variations of the locked rate. So I just wanted to know which locked rate option was the best!

I got my six tabs Saturday and i’m so happy! My AIS still hasn’t updated though, should I be worried?

1 Like

Took us a couple days. The weekends might mess around with the timing.

2 Likes

Do NoT worry! Whoop and congrats to you!!!

1 Like

Any housing suggestion for Fall 21 transfer student close to Comm classes?

Does anybody know what happens after you get temporary housing as a student on waitlist for on campus housing, and can anybody explain what temporary housing really is? I’ve been on waitlist for over a month now and I haven’t really gotten any updates on where I’m at in getting housing.

@usr101 there are 2 lists for housing-Temp & Wait List; Temp is guaranteed some type of room, Wait List isn’t. Temp can be a make shift study hall, 3rd person in a 2 person room, other various arrangements, and they’ve been assigning non Corps students to Corps dorms.
I’d call ResLife directly and get list clarification and ask exactly what your status is.
When did you apply for housing?

Howdy,
I applied for the Fall of 2021 .
get deferred for spring grades.So I submitted my spring grades on may 28.
first choice -Computer science
Second Choice- Electronic Systems Engineering Technology
transfer audit GPA - 3.68
Transfer Audit Date- June 2
all required classes completed
transer credits - 28 credits

My application in ais still showing complete and in review.
I have two questions

How do you like my chances of getting into Tamu?
When should I expect to know if I get in or not?
When and How I will know thwy are considering me for Second major.

Thanks, and if you have any questions for me please ask away!

Your gpa is great. If you have all required courses completed, you have a great chance. The only way to know if you’re being considered is if you’re major changes to 2nd choice. Then you’d know you e been denied by 1st choice. Otherwise it’s by getting the 6 tabs and then you’ll know you’ve been accepted.

Best of luck. Great job on gpa. Keep us posted on decision!! Prayers that you hear soon

Thanks a lot @AggieMomhelp for replying me. June 2 my application is complete and in review by first choice major. I am in waiting list for dorm for other colleges. I just don’t know how long to wait. TAMU is my first priority as this is my home town. I will be saving lots of money if I stay in CS.

1 Like

Are there any roommate matching sites that would help find a roommate for a transfer student? Also do you know of any other social media sites or groups I should be following for information?