Summer/Fall 2021 Transfer Admission

Could you send me a PM? Then I could let me know since I’m still unable to. Thanks

Okay. I messaged you.

OK…so we got the Tuition Rate Code message this morning.
Can you help me decipher the ins/outs of this and what most people do?

TLR 2122 Current Year Rate Code
TLR 2021 Calculated Rate Code
TVT Variable

Also, when does this decision need to be made? It doesn’t really show an answer by date

aggiengineer here- My file was complete and in review on Feb 5th and got acceptance in AIS yesterday. As far as speed, I think it depends on the department. LA seems to be rather quick.

1 Like

It needs to be made before NSC (because you register for classes then).

This is a total personal risk decision. I did foxes for my daughter and variable for my son. The first year and a half was pretty low for my son but this year has been $6k in tuition and fees. (Not dining/parking/game pass etc).

If it were me to do again, I’d do fixed. I would rather know and budget it out. Versus… BAM it’s gone up $1k in a year per semester.

Not sure that’s much help lol but there Ya go. The was they determine fixed rate is by calculated expected rate of inflation to current tuition over 4 years. Then they break it up over 4 years. So up front you’ll pay a little more but then the hope is it’s cheaper than current tuition by year 2 or 3.

Thank you AggieMomhelp.
So with that said, what is the difference between
TLR 2122 and TLR2021?
My Daughter is going to start in the Fall and will have 42-45 hours as she enters

Nevermind, I understand now that 2122 and 2021 is academic school year (I’m such an AGGIE !!! haha)
So, when will TLR 2122 come out?
I see that TLR 2021 is at $5885 per 12 hours in CLA

I’m not sure when it comes out. I would assume April ish but that is an educated guess only. Lol

And that price is 12-18 hours. So flat rate with 6 credit spread.

Hello all,

Chance me please!

Major: Political Science B.S
Minor: Philosophy
GPA: 3.75 (hoping to get a 4.0 this spring ).

I am currently taking the last required course for Poli Sci this semester, so far it’s an A. I have gotten an A and a B in the other required courses. Obtained two letters of rec, one from a government professor. My Government professor told me that I wrote a pretty strong statement of purpose. Also had the honor of being in the Deans’ list last fall.

What are my chances?

Thanks, Gig’ Em.

Credit hours: 30

Hi everyone, has anyone hand-delivered documents for their application or have y’all used regular mail? (I’m applying as intl transfer currently in the US so I need to mail my HS transcript because the school doesn’t mail it for me). Also, when we submit the application through Apply Texas do we get an application ID # or something like that right away or do we need to wait for several days until we get something like that?

You can also upload your documents to AIS which you will get after the application is received. Tamu will give you a UIN. This will be used for everything. You will have access to Howdy portal and AIS for track on application status and then hopefully signing up for classes after acceptance.

I’m not sure if apply Texas gives you a number but if they do, it’s independent of Tamu.

Your chances are good but they may defer you for spring grades since you haven’t coomoletwd required courses. Then in May they will make you an offer if you successfully completed it.

Thank you! Do you know how long it usually takes for TAMU to receive my application if I submit it through Apply Texas?

Within days you should get an email I think.

Got it! Thank you!

1 Like

Howdy, I am applying to Agribusiness, and my app is complete, and I’ve received my transfer audit report (4.0 on 13 credits, 12 more in progress this semester). I know I’ll be deferred (if not outright denied), but I do meet all minimum requirements, plus full time work history for the past three years and currently in three organizations at my current university, one of which I am an officer of. I do have an issue though, as my transfer audit report doesn’t show any of my credit by exams, and it won’t let me access either of the credit by examination portals on Howdy. This is an issue as two of the requirements for admission to either the Agribusiness or Agricultural Economics (my second choice major) are in my credit by exams (macro and micro economics). Does this mean they aren’t being considered? Also, what do you think my general chances for admissions to Agribusiness probably are? I expect to keep a 4.0 through the spring semester. Thank you!

Oh I got accepted!!! I didn’t see it till just now I thought decisions wouldn’t come out till March!!

2 Likes

Hi there. Well done on the 4.0!! That’s great you had a perfect semester. Here’s the deal…you have not met the minimum requirements. You need 24 graded credits at time of application. AP doesn’t count towards that and won’t go in your degree audit until you are at Tamu and you accept those credits. Only Dual credit counts at this stage.

With that said, it is possible that you could be deferred but I’m leaning more towards denial until summer where you’ll have everything completed and 25 grades credits. They may want to see one more semester since you only have half of what you need. This is just my thought and I could be wrong. With your Gpa plus maybe your HS transcript they may think you are ready to roll for the Fall and that would be outstanding!!!

Ag bus and ag Econ are not too competitive. I don’t think you will have any issue once accepted. I pray they see your whole application with Ec, work and leadership!

Great job and please let us know.

Congrats!!! We have seen several get into Mays this round. Very excited for you!

1 Like