Summer/Fall 2021 Transfer Admission

I have a question about rate code. So I’ve been offered TLR_1819 and TLR_2122. According to this link https://sbs.tamu.edu/tuition-fees/locked-variable-rate-plans/index.html 1819 is about $5,500 and 2122 is not available yet. Should I wait for 2122 to come out or is there a chance I will lose 1819 by waiting? Any advice helps!

Howdy! My name is Jack I’m from Dallas but I’m currently a student at the University of Oregon. Hoping to transfer back home to A&M for the fall and was hoping I could get a sense of my odds.

I turned my application 1/9 and got my transfer audit 2/14

Major: Sports Management
A&M GPA: 3.35
A&M credits: 51

I completed all required courses and some general requirements while still doing some more over these next 2 trimesters. Thank you so much!

You should have no problem. Do you have the required coursework, if any, completed before January?

Yeah I completed all required courses over winter break.

1 Like
  • Official High School Transcript (prior to high school graduation) NOTE: Final High School Transcripts with graduation date must be mailed or sent electronically vis TREx, final transcripts will not be accepted via upload
  • SAT/ACT Request for Waiver of College Application Fee form (signed by both the student and the counselor)
  • Other approved fee waiver documents (see admissions website for details)
  • Letters of recommendation
  • Essays (if not provided electronically through Apply Texas. Upload each essay individually so that each essay shows as received.)
  • Residency documents
  • Resumes
  • Certificates
  • Proof of bacterial meningitis immunization document
  • Curriculum Verification Form

Do I need to upload any documents from this list or they are just optional??
I am confused that TAMU does not require me to upload my Green Card.

I am not familiar with the transfer process so hope @AggieMomhelp or someone else replies soon…

However, are you able to login to your AIS account (applicant information system) to see the status of your application? If not, check the email you included in your application for instructions on logging into AIS. In AIS, there should be a list of things required and a way to upload.

https://admissions.tamu.edu/transfer/apply

Green card falls under residency documents.
And use the link @Eggscapgoats put. That’s transfer documents not what you have listed. That looks like freshman stuff.

I submitted my application 3 days ago and just get my AIS ID today.
My AIS shows that
" My App Is In Progress

Your application for admission has been received. The information on this page will update as your application progresses. Continue to check back for the status of your specific application documents.

Below are some general application requirements."

So how long does it take to see my documents and application status?

You should be looking to makes sure that everything receives a green check mark. Our experience is about a week for everything to get a check mark.

@guytr97 Have you already completed all required course for the degree plan for you Major? If there is anything that is not complete, but in progress you will be deferred for Spring grades. In that case you will not hear anything until after they receive your final transcript from your current institution. This puts you not getting a decision until likely some time in June.

If all required course work was completed in the Fall (or wintermester if offered), then you will likely hear something much quicker. I would not expect anything until at least after the required documents deadline has passed. If it come earlier bonus, but I wouldn’t count on anything until late March / early April at the soonest.

Since transfers are accepted by the Actual college of the major, that can affect things as well. For Fall '19 admission, the one I we went through, most folks in College of Ag and Life Science (COALS) got notification in late May/early June. ymmv

Howdy!
I am applying for Fall Transfer into Architecture with the intended major of Visualization.
I finished all of the requirements for my application to the Visualization major so the only classes I am currently taking is Calculus 2 before graduating on May 2021.

GPA: 3.41 (Tarrant County College)
Credit: 57 credit hours (going to be 61 after Spring of 2021)
I submitted essay A as well as my portfolio reviewed by a person who used to go to Texas A&M Visualization. Said that I have a strong chance of getting in.

Applied: 1/12
Transfer Audit: 2/11

Is my credit too far as for now before the Spring of 2021 class ends? Is there a possibility that I would get accepted? Thank you for reading, and take your time to respond.

I got my 6 tabs this morning!!! Thank you guys so much for everything!

2 Likes

Whoop. Told ya! :smiley:

1 Like

My friend received his acceptance for Horticulture BS this morning!!!
For those who are still waiting, here are his stats:
3.09 overall GPA (3.31 GPA at Blinn)
37 credits (49 after this semester)
Applied 1/29
Transfer audit 2/23
Acceptance 3/9 (Yayyyy)

4 Likes

So was your daughter on the PTA plan or a straight transfer? Good and bad of each?

Hi Tuppence22.
My daughter took the straight transfer route. I don’t think that there are too many good/bad of each. The PTA plan guarantee’s you admittance, but makes you stick to a set course plan.

Question… sorry first time on

When you receive the transfer audit report button etc…is that a good indication of acceptance or do deny/ deferrals have that step of the process too

I am looking for any clues of acceptance as we are at the transfer audit report step now

Thanks in advance

I am not an expert on TAMU admissions but as far as I’ve read on the forum it seems that all of us who applied will eventually get a transfer audit just as part of the application process. Meaning that getting the transfer audit is just another step in the application process and is no measure of our chance of being accepted, denied, or deferred. That is just as far as I know. Hope you get in!

@user20 is correct. Every applicant gets a transfer audit. That is the gpa they are using in reviewing your app. Many times to transfer audit doesn’t match what you think you have.

What are your stats and what major did you apply to?

32 hours complete
Major English

Thank you

The GPA is average, but well above the 2.75 required to apply. Do you have the 2 foreign language classes done as well as Eng. 104 (I’m sure you do) and an English Lit class completed?