Summer/Fall 2021 Transfer Admission

Yes ma’am
All complete
Also taking four classes this spring
Bio, an additional English, business math and poli sci

Spring gpa is going to be 3.5 or higher

1 Like

Worse case scenario for you is they defer you for spring grades. If they do that, you will get in.

Please keep us posted! You’ve got this!

Thank you for the insight

1 Like

Hi, I am currently a sophomore attending ut austin as chemistry major. I applied to texas a and m as computer science because I am scared that I wont make it into computer sci at ut. Can someone see my chances of getting into texas a and m comp sci for this summer.

Hours completed: 85
GPA: 3.78
Stem classes: cal 1 2 3, calculus based physics 1 and 2, organic chemistry 1 and 2, intro to bio 1 and 2.
Essay: pretty decent

Also a quick question, when does the decision come out for the summer transfer?

It is a beautiful day… 6 tabs this morning. Been stalking this site for over a year and so happy to report this.

Aggiemomhelp…your insight is invaluable to all

2 Likes

I got my transfer audit on Monday. I am wondering how I can know if I get 6 tabs and how long it takes to have 6 tabs since the transfer audit.
Thank you.

1 Like

Time between Getting audit and getting a decision is dependent on the college. Some are quick some are slow.

What’s your major and what are your stats?

Awe congrats!! Very exciting to see those tabs, especially as a transfer!

And you’re very kind. I love trying to help, so I appreciate your comment.

Howdy all!

I’m currently waiting to hear back if I an going to be accepted to Texas A&M as a transfer! I’m definitely starting to feel some anxiety because I’ve seen a couple other transfer students get accepted for the same college as me (different majors though).

My question though: do you think it might take a bit longer to make a decision on my app because I opted to use the Academic Fresh Start program? I took some dual credit classes in high school that have no use towards my current major, and also did horrible in my first semester of college right out of HS. I’ve done very well with my grades and GPA since returning to school a few years ago, and didn’t want those grades to impact my GPA.

My current stats:
-Major: Wildlife and Fisheries science (2nd choice is forestry)
-GPA: 3.23
-Completed hours 57 (I’ll have 65 hours completed after the spring semester. My two classes this semester are the absolute last classes I can take through a CC.)
-No EC, but I’ve worked full time for the last 10 years, including difference management positions
-Applied 1/31; audit completed 2/25

Thanks in advance!

Hi ! Any Ag science transfer majors hear back yet ?

What was your major ?

Does anyone know how long decisions typically take? I applied around 2/10 and still haven’t even received a transfer audit yet.

You need to call. You should receive transfer audit in a few weeks of applying. At least call to double check. Does your status say complete and in review?

Yes it says complete and in review. However, I have not seen any updates on Howdy or a transfer audit

Does it still show Pols as first choice major?

And are you looking in Howdy under Manage Applications for transfer audit?

Hi I applied January 26, and I got an audit for my transcripts on February 11th … my application is in review, and I’m waiting on a decision from the college of agriculture science. Do you happen to know when the latest you’ll get a decision is ?

This is probably not what you want to hear, but transfer acceptance for the Fall 21 can occur all the way into June, this will be especially true if any of the required classes are currently in progress.

Ag seems to notify earlier than most. I would think you would hear back by now. Does it still show as first choice major? If so, then you haven’t been reviewed probably.

While some transfer may not hear til June, that’s usually only due to a deferment for spring grades. If you get deferred, you get that info way before then. Then get a decision in May/June. But I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anyone not hearing til June as the first time hearing. If that makes sense.

This does make sense, it still has my first choice major as being the one reviewed. I’m a student from California so my transfer courses are all being transferred by title per my audit. I’ve just been a little worried because A&M is my last school to hear from, and you typically have to make your decision by May 1st. As of right now I have 87 credits, and the head academic advisor for Ag sci has emailed me personally(beginning of March) telling me she is working on getting my credits dropped to 84 which is the max for transferable credits.

Oh gotcha. Yeah, that’s a ton of credits to transfer. Not sure you’ll even be able to get your Aggie Ring. You have to have 45 credits at TAMU, no exceptions. Doubt you are coming here for the ring, but just letting you know now.

Glad the dept. has been in touch. I doubt you’ll have any issues getting in if they can get that number to 84.