Summer/Fall 2021 Transfer Admission

Yeah I figured as much but was trying to be hopeful lol. I’m not super worried about it because of Assurance.

1 Like

@jcmd02 keep making 4.0 and you never know, a small scholarship might appear!

Have you heard back from admissions ? What Ag department did u apply for ?

@jcmd02 actually if you do qualify for Aggie Assurance, that covers tuition (as long as funds are available) and no other (A&M) scholarship would be awarded, I’m pretty sure. I would read up on the details, timeline of admission, when Assurance gets posted, etc.

https://financialaid.tamu.edu/Aggie-Assurance?fbclid=IwAR3aPH2tjFC1qv3U4OK7zC872zwqSZgICu10tVU_WmoRbG-Ylv4Xs6O-1n0

My understanding (which I’m not 100% sure of) is they make you a FASFA offer. If that’s not enough to cover tuition then you receive another offer under the name “Aggies Assurance” to cover whatever is left. From what I’ve read here or on Reddit they wait until the last minute so that you take out loans and are no longer eligible for assurance. I need to call and talk to someone about it, but was thinking it would be okay to wait until NSC.

1 Like

Hi question for all, my application has been in review and I got my audit back in February so it should be any day now I hear back. A&M is the only school I applied to out of state. One of my top schools which is out of my home state in California has to have an answer by May 1st, I have been in contact with the head of Ag sci department and she was asking questions about my application. Would it be unprofessional and rude to email her around April 20th if i have not heard back by then, asking about where my application is in the processing because of the deadline of the other university ?

Absolutely email her. As long as it’s well written, short and to the point, there is no downside in communication.

FYI, start it off with…

“Howdy Mrs. ?”

End it with…

Your name
Future Aggie Class of 202(?)

They love that stuff.

2 Likes

I just woke up to an email with a Financial aid offer and it’s no where near enough to cover my expenses without taking a crazy amount of loans. If that’s the most they can offer me, I don’t think I can afford to go to A&M

Is there any way to appeal this or request more?

I don’t believe so. I know that A&M does not give out a lot of scholarships. They have so many applicants that they do not have to lure people to the school with money. I have heard that they may give more in the summer, but I would not count on it.

That’s rough. From what I read on their website, I was under the impression that I’d have enough to cover my tuition since I’m a lower income student (below the $60,000)

@NameWasTaken you’re talking about Aggie Assurance. Did you fill out FAFSA? By what date? Aggie Assurance covers tuition only.
https://financialaid.tamu.edu/Aggie-Assurance

@NameWasTaken do you have other grants or scholarships?

I filled out FAFSA mid January. The only Aggie Assurance Im getting is $1,700 per year, the max state pell grant and everything else was a loan offer. No scholarships or further grants sadly.

@NameWasTaken i would call the Office of Financial Aid.

1 Like

I appreciate the help dude

1 Like

I just got off the phone with TAMU FASFA because my aid does not cover tuition. I dont have my supplement yet like you do, but they told me probably twelve days into our first semester is when we’ll se a change in our Aggie assurance supplement to cover whatever FASFA hasn’t.

1 Like

My ais still says “complete and in review” are a lot of you guys still waiting as well ?

Just got admitted! Love A&M and the culture surrounding it. I’m extremely grateful for the admission.

First ever university admission for my entire family!

3 Likes

Congratulations!!! That is amazing. I am sure your family is very proud of you!!!

1 Like