Summer Programs at USC and UPenn

Hello!

I recently got into both of the summer programs I applied to: USC Exploring Entrepreneurship and UPenn Wharton Essentials of Entrepreneurship.
As you can tell, I’m interested in business, specifically entrepreneurship, and will be applying to colleges this upcoming fall mainly with business majors.
Their course dates overlap, so I’m having trouble deciding which one to attend. I’m leaning towards USC, since it’s closer to home and I like the school. But, I’ve never visited UPenn, so I’m not sure…
Any suggestions? Or even personal experience at either of the summer programs?

Thanks!

Hello!

Neither of those two programs are considered extremely prestigious (when I say prestigious I mean programs like MIT RSI, SIMR, SSP, etc) so I think you will be fine going to either one! Definitely attend only one; most of the material will probably overlap and you don’t want to waste so much money on programs that don’t weigh much in the college applications process.

While I have not attended those programs, I have been to other summer programs at UPenn and I really liked it there. The campus is super lively and there’s tons of restaurants and shops nearby. I’ve also visited USC during the summer before; it’s quieter but the campus is cleaner than Penn’s and it’s really pretty.

Overall, you will be benefitting no matter which one you attend (but just one please bc law of diminishing returns!) and congratulations on being accepted into both programs!

Hi, I’m curious if you ended up taking the summer program at USC. If so, it’d be great if you could please share your thoughts and experience. Thanks!