Summer Programs for 7th/8th graders

Where can I find a list of summer programs for 7th/8th graders?

Thank you.

I used to look for things like that online…don’t remember seeing anything comprehensive. The ones my kid did were CTD and Interlochen (both Midwest). Some colleges have middle school sleep-away programs (Brown, etc).

What region of the country and what subject area are you looking for?

What types of programs interest you.

Our kids enjoyed Interlochen, Idyllwild, CTY and Davidson as well as a local private day school that ran a big program.

My kids did scouting camps when they were that age. They also spent some weeks doing their chosen sports (gymnastics for my daughter and basketball for my son). All programs were local. What type of program are you looking for?

STEM subjects , anywhere in the country.Thnx

Good ones,thnx

STEM programs,she is into biology.Thnx

I would look at the websites of colleges near you to see if they offer anything. I live in MA and I know how have gotten mailers about programs at WPI and Boston University though I’m not sure what ages they were for. I wouldn’t be surprised if other colleges had programs too. Also there are a couple local private high schools near me that run summer programs that are educational in nature so look into that in your area also.

I’m not sure why you would go anywhere beyond local unless there is really nothing near where you live or you want your child to have a sleep away camp type of experience.

Not sure if you are looking for something all summer or for shorter programs. This is a week long residential program in California.

https://epic.calpoly.edu/

JHU CTY and CTD both offer programs geared to middle school science lovers year round as well as sleep away camps. IEA in Pasadena has some interesting science programs too.