Summer programs for High schoolers! 2021-2022

Hi everyone!! I decided to start this thread so everyone and anyone can comment about good high school summer programs as I saw quite a bit of older posts but not very many new ones :slight_smile: Feel free to comment what the best summer programs you’ve heard of, programs you’ve applied to, or programs you’ve gotten into!! Good luck everyone as we get into application season :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What are summer programs for Juniors interested in CS (preferably in order of acceptance rate and number of spots)?

I am a rising junior and looking for summer STEM related programs. It seems that most programs will be offered during mid-July to end of July. Does anyone know any good programs offered during late June to early July? Thanks in advance.

My daughter attended the Miami University of Ohio Summer Scholars program on the engineering track as a rising senior last summer. It was a fabulous opportunity and she loved it. There are many different tracks. Great taste of what college can be. Not overly expensive and they do have scholarships. This fall she will be attending Cornell University!

2 Likes

Hi, Jennifer, is your daughter’s program ‘Miami University of Ohio Summer Scholars program’ and the one at Cornell university applied directly through the school, or organized by one of these big organizations that have programs on multiple campuses?

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Jan

Champlain College has a summer program for rising seniors. My son is going to the Esports program. Summer Programs at Champlain College Programs Archive - Summer Programs at Champlain College

My kids have done MIT debate camps (run by an outside agency) and IDtech camps.

My son is interested in a summer environmental toxicology program at UC Davis. Does anyone have any experience with the summer programs for rising seniors at Davis?

Does anyone have experience with UChicago’s Stones and Bones summer program?

1 Like

My son was admitted to the UChicago Immersion program. Trying to decide between it and the for-credit program at Georgetown. Any insights on either? TIA

I was looking at the Champlain summer (game design program) for our son, a rising senior. Do you know anyone who has done one of their summer programs? Was interested in past family experiences of their programs.

1 Like

My son is signed up for the 10 day program this summer.

Columbia VP&S Summer Medicine and Research program could be an option if medicine aligns with your interests. It is a collaboration between groups at Columbia, Harvard, and International Young Researchers Conference (IYRC) that has physicians and medical students teach students how to take a patient history, help them recognize social determinants of health, and share their insight into why they chose a career in medicine. Students have the opportunity to complete a summer project (research manuscript, community intervention, or health narrative), compete in a Harvard Alumni essay contest, and present at a conference in the fall.

One of my kids went to the Summer Writing Institute at Rhodes. It was a great program. Beautiful campus. One of the papers he wrote there ended up getting him $3k more in scholarship money.

2 Likes

deleted

I went to RMP, and it was a good experience. However, I wouldn’t have been able to attend without the scholarship. You can also try interning at NASA–you can PM me for more specific questions!

Anyone get accepted to NIH HS-SIP and want to chat? Im a hs junior and would love to get in touch with some other interns (even if we aren’t in the same institute).

I got waitlisted at the Ross summer program and I really want to attend. Any advice?

Anyone heard from the US AEOP summer program, aren’t decisions supposed to come out end of April