Summer Programs That Look Good on College Applications

<p>brave30..those url links didn't work for me =[</p>

<p>also. answer my question from above, p-please?
:)</p>

<p>Sorry. Here you are. </p>

<p>MIT</a> Admissions: Science Fairs, Olympiads, Etc.</p>

<p>MIT</a> Admissions | Blog Entry: "More HS Summer Programs"</p>

<p>MIT</a> Admissions: Summer Programs</p>

<p>Stanford Institutes of Medical Research (SIMR) is expanded to 35 spots this year and will increase to 50 next year.</p>

<p>This is arguably the best, and most competitive, summer research program in the world. So the comptetition is tough. They recieved more than 400 applications this year.</p>

<p>CCIS:</a> Center for Clinical Immunology - Stanford University School of Medicine</p>

<p>For rising Sophomore to apply next year.</p>

<p>Stanford Institutes of Medical Research (SIMR) is expanded to 35 spots this year and will increase to 50 next year.</p>

<p>This is arguably the best, and most competitive, summer research program in the world. So the comptetition is tough. They recieved more than 400 applications this year.</p>

<p>CCIS:</a> Center for Clinical Immunology - Stanford University School of Medicine</p>

<p>Has anyone applied for this program this year? Have you heard from them? </p>

<p>I have tried calling the phone number but noone picks up nor returning calls.</p>

<p>do u guys know how selective hshsp is?</p>

<p>Travel Family...my daughter applied on time (b4 March 3rd) and I believe we should hear from Cornell by 2morrow...whether the response is post marked or delivered by 4/11 -- I dunno, but sure hope it's in our mailbox 2morrow, 4/11. Let me know...where are u guys from? Where else didu apply. Thx. We'll be on ag. 2morrow :<).</p>

<p>What is hshsp? Is is a summer prgrm. What does it stand 4 and where is it held? Thx.:<).</p>

<p>For Narcissa--what is hshsp? Thx. :<).</p>

<p>[url=<a href="http://www.msu.edu/%7Ehshsp/%5Dhshsp@msu.edu%5B/url"&gt;http://www.msu.edu/~hshsp/]hshsp@msu.edu[/url&lt;/a&gt;]&lt;/p>

<p>how about the TASS ( Telluride Association Sophomore Seminar)? Is it as prestigious as TASP ?</p>

<p>Ducktape went to HSHSP, and got into MIT EA. You might want to ask her.</p>

<p>Did anyone get an acceptance/rejection letter either snail or e-mail from Cornell -- we were supposed to be notified by today 4/11...d'ya think they mailed the letters out today...does anyone know? Does anyone get return calls from the Chilson lady who is in charge? Thx. :<) Can anyone from last yr. comment on the program?</p>

<p>I am referring to the same Cornell program pjlover is talking about.</p>

<p>I was also hoping to get something in the mail today..but nothing! I have left a message for the Chilson lady too but no response either. I do not know what is going on? Anyone who got any news? Good or Bad!</p>

<p>Hi guys...did NOT get in to Nanobiotech. -- found out via e-mail...basically a Reject letter announcing that there were 900...yup 900 applicants...for which they selected 10 applicants...d'ya believe? They're done...let me know if u WERE "yes" selected...what did u write...ur stats, EC's, anything else "special"...dunno what they were looking for...had 3.75 gpa @ a specialized h.s., have AUTOCAD, went to excellent other summer prgrms. (J.H.CTY) and worked/interned last yr. for engineering firm, thought I wrote an excellent essay....help...let me hear ur stories.</p>

<p>Neither did my son :( I am really not sure what they are looking for! He has 4.0 unweighted GPA from a very competitive school. Has very good ECs, qualifying AIME scores.</p>

<p>I posted on another forum trying to get info for my brother. He got an e-mail saying he was in the finalist pool. No spots awarded yet. They're going to ask for more information from him next week. No info on when/how they pick the winners. He's pretty smart. Not a URM. No tech. Computer skills mostly involve Facebook. Parents already paid fees on other camps and programs less selective than this.</p>

<p>umm... Iowa SSTP?</p>

<p>So I was wondering what's better AP/EA at carnegie mellon for diversity of course or MITES. I just found out I got into MITES yesterday but I was planning on sending an app for the AP/EA that I had abandoned over a month ago because I didn't finish the essays. But I found out I could still send it in. I'm wondering if it is worth it sense MITES wants me to reply by friday.</p>

<p>Anyway so what program do you think is better/more prestigious/rigerous/fun AP/EA at CM for diversity or MITES</p>

<p>i would go with MITES</p>