Summer Programs That Look Good on College Applications

<p>Now that I think about MITES for sure.</p>

<p>I'd just liked the idea of taking more advanced college classes for credit like Linear algebra for free at CM. But I think MITES would get me farthur, be more fun, & just as challeging.</p>

<p>Has anyone here heard of YSP (Young Scholars Program) at UC Davis? How selective is it? It is pretty expensive ($4500) for 6 weeks. But it seems to let student do a lot of independent research. </p>

<p>Would you recommend this program?</p>

<p>pgtori, di u get accepted to MITES?</p>

<p>can i please have your stats?</p>

<p>what's better YESS or Carnegie Mellon's SAMS and AP/EA?</p>

<p>Anybody knows about awesomemath summer program at university of Dallas?</p>

<p>Wasn't accepted at Cornell Nanobiotechnology intership. Anyone know of any summer program I can apply to at this late date and still stand a chance. I am paticularly looking for research. thanks</p>

<p>Does anyone know about City of Hope summer research program? It's for high school and college students and they usually pay you a stipend of $4000 after the 10 weeks of research. I got in but I'm not sure if I can find a project and mentor by the end of April, which is when the UC Davis YSP forms are due. I really want to do this program, but if I reject YSP and can't find a project or something, then I won't have anything at all! ><</p>

<p>YESS and MITES are both excellent programs. i dont know much about CMU's though. I know MITES was amazing for me (i did it last summer). I do believe that both YESS and MITES are excellent things for a college resume. I got into Tufts Harvey Mudd Stanford and MIT. the only school i was denied from was Harvard (who could get around that dam 7% acceptance rate right?). I had a friend who did YESS summer 07 as a junior. and is now skipping senior year to go to Caltech, he was also accepted to CMU and Harvey Mudd.</p>

<p>Hey, does anyone know any good business programs, other than Warton, since it is too late to apply to wharton summer programs now?</p>

<p>Does anyone know how good the governor school program look on college apps or how much it helps?</p>

<p>who is going to YESS?</p>

<p>Has anyone been to SUMaC before? I'm going this summer and want to know if anyone has had experience with it. Also, how helpful would it be on college applications/how prestigious is it (despite costing a lot of money)?</p>

<p>Which program is better?</p>

<p>Paid internship program at Scripps Research Institute, </p>

<p>or Young Scholars Program at FSU</p>

<p>national institute of health?
sounds interesting! how do i applyy?</p>

<p>What is Scripps paid internship? How do you apply? I looked at the web site but I didn't see any summer internships.</p>

<p>has anyone applied to the UCSB research mentorship program for this summer? Or done it before?</p>

<p>well ssp is supposed to look good on apps, not that u should do it cos of that. to late to apply for that but next year for the current sophomores.</p>

<p>Anybody attended Duke Tip Program?</p>

<p>two friends going. what about the ross math program?</p>

<p>My son applied to two summer programs and having a tough time deciding. What do anyone out their know of these programs? The program at Miss. State is a 3 week Engineering Research program called Quest for rising seniors only. What my son likes about this one is the opportunity to do research and that it is open only to those at his grade level. The UofM one is the Math & Science Scholars program. It is for 2 weeks in a specific course......he chose Astronomy......he also has an interest in Astrophysics in addition to Engineering. This one is open to all high school age levels. His concern with this one is the chance of all younger kids and not many seniors attending. We know of the reputation of U of M as a whole but do not know much about Miss. State and/or this program. Any ideas?</p>