Summer Programs That Look Good on College Applications

<p>To quote him "just didn't like it in general, too long, not fun, etc"</p>

<p>He is... very unique, so it may not be the best refrence <shrug>.</shrug></p>

<p>This is probably a long shot, but are there any internships or engineering programs still accepting applications? Particularly ones that don't require letters of recommendation?</p>

<p>What are the chances that I could volunteer/observe in a university lab this summer? Sort of like an internship, except unpaid?</p>

<p>Also, does anyone know where NJ Girls State stands on an college application?</p>

<p>Now (mid-April) is not too late for quite a few programs, and there may be local opportunities you can build for yourself.</p>

<p>I am good at math and science. I would like to do a summer program that might help me decide on a major. Engineering or medical would be great. Because of sports and Boys State, I would like a program that is still open to students and not too expensive...</p>

<p>Does MMLA look good? It is a serious program, correct?</p>

<p>Hi there! I find few friends mention summer programs in Upenn like the pre-college program and the research program, is it because they are not competitive or boring or something else?</p>

<p>I'm not sure about their research program (unless that's a pre-college program), but most "pre-college" programs cost a lot of money.</p>

<p>Any program for rising Junior that are not necessarily math oriented...D is interested in science as well as advertising and marketing.</p>

1 Like

<p>Any summer program for environment science?</p>

<p>Are there still any prestigious summer programs open? Preferably something to do with Bio or English.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Has anyone ever heard of the "National Youth Leadership Fourm - National Security" ??
We got an invitation today for this for our son... never heard of it & not sure what it is...
Any help on this is appreciated..</p>

<p>Thanks Cake Mom</p>

<p>^ It is not a "prestigious" program, per se, and probably will not help him in college admissions. Most people who go have a good time, though.</p>

<p>Are there any such summer programs for rising freshmen?</p>

<p>Does anyone know of any summer program that is not incredibly expensive that colleges really like that they can suggest to me. Money is a bot of an issue w/ our family right now, but want to participate in a great summer program. Thanks!</p>

<p>has anybody attended or know anything about the EPGY summer Institutes run through Stanford University?</p>

<p>How does Ross Program/ PROMYS/ MathCamp rank?</p>

<p>Just to give you the courtesy of an unofficial, personal answer, I would say Ross is wonderful, but I have nothing bad to say about PROMYS or MathCamp. It’s kind of fun to hear participants in the various programs trash-talk each other program, but don’t take that too seriously.</p>

<p>My son did the EPGY in middle school and then their int’l program in China and Turkey. He enjoyed the experience overall. He just loves Stanford now because of that.</p>

<p>first post ever on cc, looks like a great resource…I was very late considering summer programs, Junior daughter was accepted for U of Vermont GIV Summer Engineering Program in Burlington. I live in CA but have had ties to Burlington through work. As an out of state student, we would have to pay $1500 for one week. Looks like a fun/educational program, but wife is saying “no way.”</p>

<p>We are on waiting list for Cal Poly EPIC program. Daughter is great at math, interested in engineering/math/physics, AP everything. </p>

<p>Does anyone have an opinion on UVM/GIV? is there any prestige to the program. Ridiculous question, but does anyone know a good summer program that still has openings for girls in these areas? Travel is basically free for me. </p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Inquire at each of these </p>

<p>[Summer</a> Math Camps and Programs for High School Students](<a href=“http://www.ams.org/employment/mathcamps.html]Summer”>http://www.ams.org/employment/mathcamps.html) </p>

<p>to see what is still open. Some great programs are still accepting applications, and some programs are for girls only.</p>