Summer Programs That Look Good on College Applications

<p>Does anyone know of any fairly good law or polisci summer programs in the Pennsylvania area?</p>

<p>long live this thread!</p>

<p>What are the best music camps?</p>

<p>Tanglewood, Interlochen</p>

<p>LEAD os the best busines summer program. I did this program this summer at one of the twelve premier institutions University of Illnios Urbana-Champaign and had a friends who did it at Stanford and University of Michigan Ann-Harbor. From this program I learn alot about business and enjoyed myself. This sectors of LEAD we already have some people who got into:

1. Washington University in St. Louis (Full-Ride)
  2. Cornell University
  3. University of Notre Dame (me & I was a Questbridge finalist)
  4. University of Illnios Urbana-Champaign (Two peolpe so far)
  5. Gegoretown University
  6. University of Pennslyvania* (1 person deffer, 1 denied)</p>

<p>These are all great suggestons. Iā€™m gonna see If I can try a few. I need to volunteer more too.</p>

<p>holaamiga, look at the Summer Music! :slight_smile: thread</p>

<p>do you guys know any FREE summer programs?
Do you also know any a FRESHMAN can apply to?</p>

<p>This question has been asked 8373928842673 times on this thread and hasnā€™t been answered yetā€¦so Iā€™ll ask again- does anyone know of any TASP-like humanities programs?</p>

<p>How do:
Stagedoor Manor
Summer Session at Yale
and Columbiaā€™s Summer Program look?</p>

<p>Also, are there any sports camps that look cool?</p>

<p>I heard Columbiaā€™s summer program was a ripoff.But take this with a grain of salt, just a rumour.</p>

<p>A ripoff as in they take your money and donā€™t teach you anything, or a ripoff as in they charge too much?</p>

1 Like

<p>Custardapple101- TASP and RSI are free.</p>

<p>I am considering applying to the Brown University Pre-College program, but I am also interesting in Dukeā€™s ā€œYoung Writerā€™s Campā€ program. It seems to me that the Brown program would ā€œlook betterā€ but Iā€™m unsure. Any advice?</p>

<p>Also, if neither of these programs work out, are there any presitigious (or at the very least fairly well know) Creative Writing programs that are still accepting applications for summer 2010? Thanks.</p>

<p>I second the writing thing.</p>

<p>thanks blairbear29!!:)</p>

<p>I was looking to apply to a program to further my passion for Computer Science. I also have a great passion for Mathematics and Physics.</p>

<p>How have you done on your AP exams? I feel like standardized test scores are used to see if your grades are inflated. While a 187 is not bad, it is not outstanding and therefore you will not be an outstanding applicant unless you have 5ā€™s on difficult AP exams.</p>

<p>To creative writers: <a href=ā€œhttp://talk.collegeconfidential.com/summer-programs/645318-creative-writing-summer-programs.html[/url]ā€>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/summer-programs/645318-creative-writing-summer-programs.html&lt;/a&gt;.&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Iā€™d list the best creative writing programs (in no particular order) as
-Iowa
-Sewanee
-Kenyon
-Walnut Hill
-UVA
-Interlochen (though the admissions process isnā€™t as competitive as the others, Iā€™ll put in a goodā€“great!ā€“word for the quality of the program. Please, please PM me if youā€™re interested!)</p>

<p>@blairbear. In general, the most impressive programs for college applications are those that are free (TASP, RSI, Govā€™s school<ā€“though this is changing for some states). </p>

<p>However, Iā€™ll also mention that I know people who have done less prestigious programs that are in line with their interests (debate camps, especially) who have fared well in the admissions process. This has less to do with attending the camp, I imagine, since that in and of itself doesnā€™t say a lot about the applicant. However, these camps have helped my friends become better debaters/footballetc players/scientists/writers which did help them in the admissions process. Which is all to say that the admissions process isnā€™t driven by the sum total of each ā€œprestigiousā€ activity you have participated in but by the holistic (and, yes, subjective) picture that adcoms derive from the continuity of your application.</p>

<p>hey, this question may have been answered before and so my apologies.</p>

<p>Iā€™ve been attending CTY for two years now, this summer will be my nevermore year if I go. However, I received an invite to TASP, and after googling both I found this really helpful thread which introduced me to MITES also. If I am an Indian girl (Born in Canada, but both parents Indian and live in the US) would I be considered a minority? I think so, but my dad was not so sure so I decided to ask people on here.
Alsoā€¦the TASP application essays have a maximum of 1500 words. Iā€™m struggling to get about 900 words, not even close to the max. am i the only one having trouble, and is 900ish words unacceptable for an essay?</p>

<p>thanks (:</p>