Summer Programs That Look Good on College Applications

<p>Does anyone know about Kent SAT plus in Boston area? Its a four week intensive SAT camp.</p>

<p>A four week SAT camp? Geezā€¦I imagine kids who attend those arenā€™t exactly the natural intellects that top schools are looking for. Enjoy your summer! </p>

<p>Iā€™m not saying abandon SAT prep. But do it yourself, with a book and the xiggy method (search function baby), or take a chill class that meets on the weekends.</p>

<p>Anyone know of any programs for history?</p>

1 Like

<p>CTY, CTD, and TIP all offer history courses.</p>

<p>Why are people still asking these questions? No offense guys, but theyā€™ve been answered many times over in this thread or in the forum.</p>

<p>Let me answer a few:
NYLF: scam
Safeties: Try a few research internships
Sat Camp: Stupid, go with xiggiā€™s method
History: TASP, TASS, and then community college + CTY/EPGY courses, I guess
Freshmen: Any of the math camps, cty/epgy, after that you donā€™t have many choices. Try community service.</p>

<p>do you know any good research internships i could do as a freshmanā€¦?</p>

<p>and as far as i know, getting into some of the math camps are pretty hard.</p>

<p>anyone know of any good journalism summer programs for current high school sophomores?</p>

<p>I believe the Cherub program at NWU takes current sophomores.</p>

<p>How can i sign up for the NASA program?</p>

<p>Harvard Summer School. Blows away all the rest.</p>

<p>The Cherub program is only for juniors and seniorsā€¦</p>

<p>^Not true. The website says it takes current 9th, 10th, and 11th graders.</p>

<p>Right, but on the website it says the journalism division is for current 11th graders only. The other divisions allow younger grade levels.</p>

<p>[Peace</a> and Conflict Resolution Summer Symposium - Camp](<a href=ā€œutpcr.orgā€>utpcr.org)</p>

<p>That is what I am doing. Only one week, but it interests me and I will have in it.</p>

<p>Iā€™ve appllied to TASP and MITEs
Sams is next>>></p>

<p>Which is more prestigious, PROMYS or HCSSiM? I would like to apply to both, but I am not good at number theory AT ALL. I personally like different things, thus HCSSiM would be the better choice, but I heard itā€™s not as well known/prestigious. Please help!</p>

<p>Anyone know any prestigious summer chemistry (or other science) programs that will look good on apps? MITES, Cooper Union, etcā€¦
They donā€™t have to be free, just selective and recognized.</p>

<p>Avoid freaking about prestige of a given program. If it fits into your interests and allows you to grow as a person and/or in your specific area of interest, that will be reflected in your college application. Seriously.</p>

<p>Hey, does anybody know how good cornellā€™s catalyst program is??</p>

<p>Thereā€™s a program through the Department of Defense -
Science and Engineering Apprenticeship Program. (SEAP) </p>

<p>There are many locations - 250 students get into 15 labs. </p>

<p>You work with scientists or engineers on their projects- for instance Iā€™m working on the programming and control schemes for autonomous vehicles at the Naval Academy with a professor in the Weapons and Systems Engineering Department.</p>