Summer Programs That Look Good on College Applications

<p>I just got an application for TASP in the mail. Is that good (does that mean I scored high on the PSAT)? I’m also considering Furman Summer Scholars, Notre Dame’s African American Leadership Seminar and an EF Tour. Which would be best? And what exactly is TASP? I’ve heard its rather prestigious, but I don’t know if I can give up 6 weeks of my summer.</p>

<p>EDIT: I might take a summer class to, or do Brown or Stanford.</p>

<p>does anybody know anything about
Jerome Fisher in Management and Technology Summer Institute</p>

<p>i know the jerome fisher program for undergrad is highly prestigious, but was wondering if anybody knew anythigna bout the summr program</p>

<p>thanks ^^</p>

<p>Any good…international relations/ language programs out there?</p>

<p>@exonian4life</p>

<p>u seem to be class of 2014?</p>

<p>most summer programs are for rising seniors</p>

<p>not to discourage u or anything :] but just saying, maybe its too early to look for programs? u never know how ur interests might change after two years</p>

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>I am a high school sophomore and wanted to know, dose anyone know any good college program; that allows me to receive college credit. Also dose it have any full scholarships?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Exonian4life, try Concordia Language Villages this is more of a camp than a program, but it has any and every language and you can get high school or college credit. I was there this summer and a UN leader came. Bill Clinton’s daughter went there so its pretty good. Plus, the food is excellent.</p>

<p>The Clark Scholars Program is a GREAT summer program for rising juniors and seniors. It is extremely competitive. Only the best and brightest get in. If accepted, they pay you to do the program.</p>

<p>Actually, I went to Oxford University last year on scholarship through Oxbridge and it was the best summer of my life! I only had to pay for airfare. They gave me a $7,125 dollar scholarship. I would definitely reccommend it even to students without a lot of money!</p>

<p>What are your guys’ opinions on summer programs such as Economics for Leaders and Bank of America’s Student Leaders internship?</p>

<p>I am in grade 9. I was wondering if there are any prestigious engineering or robotics summer programs or internship for international students.
Preferably with scholarship</p>

<p>So I’m interested in summer programs involving biology, chemistry, especially medicine (science in general), and research, and this is the list I’ve compiled:</p>

<p>EPGY (kinda iffy on this 'cause it’s so expensive for 1 course only)
YSP UC Davis
Clarks Scholars (seems really prestigious)
COSMOS</p>

<p>Are there any programs like the ones I’ve mentioned? By the way, I’m looking for residential programs, which rules out most internships, unfortunately.</p>

<p>Is research experience required for SSTP and Garcia?</p>

<p>@exonian4life
Middlebury Monterey Language Academy
4 week summer language immersion program
has spanish, french, chinese, german, arabic and italian
really fun and your language really improves
you have to be pretty commited to learning the language though cause you’re not allowed to speak english at all</p>

<p>If you’re thinking about studying in the UK or perhaps making your college applications better, Oxford and Cambridge Summer School looks good. I think they do most subjects although I was looking for History. I think I’ll be going for that one. I’d love to go to Oxford because it’s so well known internationally. :slight_smile: I think it will look good on US applications too… I’m applying to Ivy League schools here.</p>

<p>I’m looking for Finance/Economics programs for next summer, any suggestions?</p>

<p>Really looking into JSA for this summer.
Anyone as well? any help on the essay/application process?</p>

<p>Looking for a summer program that will help as an enrichment program for my now 13 year old going into HS this Fall (2011). Looking for something he can do every year as a stepping stone to college and he then wants to go to Med School. I thought it would be good to have him start something now that will be helpful for him when it comes time 4 years from now for college admissions</p>

<p>Does anyone know a summer program where you don’t have to be a genius to apply? I mean I’m a good student but I can’t get into programs like RSI, TASP, or YSP but I don’t want to go to CTY or Explo… Can any one recommend a good program for me? I’m a rising junior</p>

<p>There are literally thousands of programs that fit that criteria. What are your interests? Why do you not like CTY or Explo?</p>

<p>@njrjsr- </p>

<p>Look into <a href=“mailto:summer@brown”>summer@brown</a>. I’v e heard good things about the medical type courses offered there.</p>