Summer Programs That Look Good on College Applications

<p>How good would the Summer Seminar at the Naval Academy look? I realize it’s probably not as prestigious, but it was the best program I could find that was practical for cost and for time since I work all summer.</p>

<p>does anybody know how hard it is for an 8th grader to get into COSMOS at ucdavis Biomedical cluster?</p>

<p>Forgive my ignorance on the topic, but my summer at Cornell looks bad on an application?
Don’t get me wrong, I know it’s expensive and only selective by who can pay. At the same token, however, I spent my summer studying and got A’s at two courses at Cornell, a school I really want to go to. In what way will that hurt my application? Just curious…</p>

<p>hey guys!!!</p>

<p>are there any summer programs for rising sophomores, whose deadlines have not passed?</p>

<p>thanks!</p>

<p>Are there any programs on which the deadlines haven’t passed yet?</p>

<p>My list:
Clark’s
HSHSP
SIMR
City of Hope
Boston University
YSP
SSP
UCSB
BHSI</p>

<p>Northwestern CTD</p>

<p>summer Youth program stand? Is it any helpful to attend?</p>

<p>I am considering the Stanford Summer Program for my son next summer (2012). Does anyone have any experience with this program and could you recommend (or not recommend) it?
Thanks, Jack</p>

<p>Applied for:</p>

<p>Boys State
Biomedical program at Seattle Biomed (Bioquest academy)
Congressional Academy
Senate Page Program
Two internships at law firms</p>

<p>have you heard back from the BHSI internship yet?</p>

<p>anybody got any tips for someone applying to COSMOS?</p>

<p>I know you guys wouldn’t like to hear it, but it doesn’t matter what summer program you’ll have attended in terms of college admission. My D got into all the top tier colleges (except for Harvard) she applied to despite her “dismal” summer programs by this board’s standard. 9th grade: was a counselor in training at a summer camp, attended a local music camp, took an online Spanish class; 10th grade: attended an unknown four week science program, counselor at the same camp, attended the same local music camp; 11th grade: took multivariate calculus at a state university. So, if you can get into a good program, it’s great. If not, find something else to do. The most important thing is to stay active and use your summers wisely.</p>

<p>What looks best Awesome Math, HCSSiM, or PROMYS?</p>

<p>I’m not applying to these just to “look good”, I’m applying because I love math but the most impressive looking one may get the swing vote because they all seem like fantastic programs.</p>

<p>I know from looking around that there are programs that are still accepting applications and most of these programs deadlines are may 1.</p>

<p>The Georgetown Summer Institutes
Cornell’s Programs
Wharton’s Sports Business Academy
I’m not a hundred percent sure about the wharton one, but that’s what I’ve heard and the website makes it look like they are. there had been an application deadline, but I think they’ve extended it because the program begins this year and many people aren’t aware of it.</p>

<p>what do you guys think of the summer program at UPenn (if im a rising sophmore?) Is it hard it get into? Does it “Look good”? (probably going to take physics if i get in)
<a href=“http://www.sas.upenn.edu/summer/programs/highschool/academies#02[/url]”>http://www.sas.upenn.edu/summer/programs/highschool/academies#02&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I definitely think, if anything, you should apply to Canada/USA Mathcamp, its the most prestigious. HCSSiM and PROMYS seem similar, and a little easier to get into than Mathcamp.</p>

<p>does anyone know any summer programs that are still accepting ?</p>

<p>PROMYS I still accepting until May 30th, which is why I can study for APs until I have to worry about it.</p>

<p>Any scholarship summer programs relating to engineering ,computer,or techonology?</p>