Summer Science Program (SSP) 2021

Should we expect the results today? History shows the results come out on the 11, 12, 13 of April. Often on the Monday that week.

1 Like

They said mid-April so I am assuming we would need to wait a bit more?

Ok. Just going on the days they were released over the last 5 years which are almost always Monday (10-13) in April

Most of the other programs I applied to are released a bit later than usual this year as well. But yea, if you received it definitely let us know.

No news yet on SSP results. DS has several acceptances and this is the final one, besides MOSTEC he is waiting on to make a decision about his summer… Hoping for tomorrow…

D decided on another program as the decisions are so slow to come. Good luck to all those waiting!

If you don’t mind sharing, which summer program did she decide to attend?

It isn’t a program, per say, but more of an unpaid internship in a lab at U Penn’s Gene Therapy Institute. Runs 6 weeks, 9am-2pm. Will be all virtual this year, which was a downside, but she has been face to face school all year, so doesn’t have zoom fatigue yet.

Decisions are out! I’m on the alternate list haha

DS was accepted to BioChem.
Going to be a tough decision: SSP, NIH, MOSTEC, Rockerfeller, SAMS, YSP, SIP…

accepted to astro!

Accepted to Biochem!

oof rejected but I have another place lined up. Congrats to all of y’all!

Congratulations to all those who made it! My 10th grader did not. Any advice for next year for ssp or any other research programs? She is really genuinely interested in bio/biochem but doesn’t have any experience in research, so she doesn’t really know where to start. Any advice would be appreciated!

alternate for astro, oh well. do you guys think there’s any chance of me still getting in or is it a lost cause

Delete

these summer programs r weird man…got into rsi but cant get into ssp or even my local state program…admissions truly r subjective. oh well what can we do

Did anyone receive an email about their decision? I only saw the decision on my status page (accepted to biochem), so I was wondering if there’s more info somewhere. Looking forward to meeting all admitted! :slight_smile:

went to promos in gmail

I didn’t use my gmail for my application; instead, I used my school email. I’m assuming my school’s server blocked it for some reason. Thanks for the help!